Thursday, June 16, 2011

tunneling thursday

When Oreo and I started to learn agility, I taught him mostly through play with a toy.

He still loves to play agility for toys at home. 

I wanted Chewy to learn the same way.  Agility should be a game right?
 
Here is me attempting to get Chewy to chase his ball through a tunnel.  I think he thought the tunnel was slowing him down,so he went around it a few times instead.  He also sunk his razor teeth into my hand, instead of the ball. Ouch!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jDheboUjQM

Of course, wrestling with Oreo inside the tunnel is more fun than playing with the ball.

Brought Oreo to another beyond beginners agility class last night. He did great.

Chewy did great too. He still loves to greet other dogs. Chewy will be taking a puppy prep class in a couple weeks. There is going to be one at a new site just a mile or so from my house! She will also be teaching various agility classes there. I'm hoping to take the one that focuses on Linda Mecklenberg's jumping foundations. I think Oreo would love that. He loves jumps.

The intructor is the person who taught Oreo's Break out of your Shell seminar. So, she knows Oreo and his "issues".

It is going to be so convienent to have classes so close. I still plan on taking some at the farm though. I want Oreo to stay familiar with the trial site, plus I love my teacher!

11 comments:

Dawn said...

Bet Oreo will like the extra classes, if he can jump! Can't wait to hear all about it. And of course Chewy will love puppy school...more dogs to meet and people to charm!

Ricky the Sheltie said...

It is great that you taught Oreo agility with toys and are now teaching that to Chewy! I wish I had done that with Ricky. Oreo blasts through that tunnel for the ball!

Your new classes sound like they will be perfect and you sure can't beat having them so close!

Bailey said...

Sounds like a great approach to teaching Chewy. I am sure he will get the hang of all of it and do very well.

♥I am Holly♥ said...

Those classes will be so much fun for everyone there!! We bet Oreo and Chewy does great and makes even more friends!! Lots of love, Holly & Mom

Priscilla said...

Love the last part of the video that Orea and Chewy went into the tunnel together and the tunnel moved left and right!

Those classes sound really good and I'm sure Oreo and Chewy will enjoy them very much.

Oh, the two boys bring so much happiness to everyone!

Kathy said...

Hey that sounds exciting you are going to have lots of agility opportunities, that is very cool and with people you really like. Chewy is going to love his tunnels, I think that if a dog loves to jump on tables and go through tunnels so you can send them there when they run really fast....life is easy!

houndstooth said...

It sounds like you and the dogs are going to be really busy! A tired puppy is a good puppy, though. Chewy looks like a little dust bunny running through that tunnel!

Reilly / Bree said...

Learning by play is always so much fun for doggies - and Chewy looks like he is learning great

Amy Wood said...

LOL! Great way to teach them. I agree with the idea of making agility fun. Glad Oreo had a good class. Awesome to have a place close to home to take classes!

Cat Chat With Caren And Cody said...

you spend such a wonderful amount of time with your babies that you make me feel so guilty! They are precious!!
Chewy is just loaded with personality!
Where do you get the great music for your videos?

Marie said...

That is awesome that you're going to have a class with an instructor that is already familiar with Oreo and that's convenient too!

Chewy's videos just always make me smile. Thanks for sharing him with us.