Tuesday, June 21, 2011

tricky t-day ~ dancing bear

Chewy likes to stand up on his hind legs (especially when a treat is involved).  At first, we tried to discourage this behavior and have him sit for treats.  However, I decided it would make a good trick, and started putting it on cue.

Chewy reminds me of a bear when he does this, so, I named the trick dancing bear.

http://vimeo.com/24959245

Chewy is starting to offer me behaviors already while we're training.  Yesterday, while in a down, he scooted himself back a bit.  Really hoping I can shape him to crawl backward.

He also pretty much taught himself the "look at that game" with the vacuum cleaner (while it was turned off).  Not only was he looking at it, then me, eventually he started running over to it, touching it with his paw and coming back to me!  It was so amazing to see his little (and I mean little) brain working.

15 comments:

Dawn said...

He's going to be food motivated, just like Misty!

Priscilla said...

What a little brainy little Chewy is!!! Clever boy!

Kathy said...

He is going to be a super star in the puppy class, you are going to have the best time!!! Chewy is AMAZING!

Bailey said...

What an amazing little guy.

Casper Bear said...

Chewy is soooo cute and so clever!
Lotsa Licks
Casper Bear

Diana said...

Chewy is just awesome.

Helen said...

Gotta love Chewy, he's so cute!!! I think you have an agility superstar in the making.

Ludo van Doggy said...

He is such a clever boy!

Sophie said...

Chewy is such an adorable little bear! I mean, puppy! :)

Amy Wood said...

Great job Chewy! He sure is a smart little guy!

houndstooth said...

He's going to have quite a bag of tricks to his name by the time all is said and done!

AC said...

He looks so big all of a sudden. Looks like you've got another trickster in the house!

I've never intentionally shaped behaviors with Kona but it's been neat to see some behaviors that I've accidentally shaped and watch Kona offering behaviors on her own after learning about shaping/clicker training through your posts.

♥I am Holly♥ said...

Chewy is just so smart!! We love the videos you do with the music....how great!!! Kisses to Oreo and Chewy!! Lots of love, Debbie & Holly

Cat Chat With Caren And Cody said...

I am in awe of everything you accomplish w/your dogs, you are so talented with training.

This was sooo cute!

Marie said...

I always know where to come for my daily smile. I just need a little Chewy video. He is just so darn cute.