Monday, May 2, 2011

misty monday ~ perfect spot

One of Misty's favorite places to be was at the corner of our backyard, where she could look out for our neighbors and let me know if they were up to anything.



I decided that her lookout post, between the two trees, was the perfect spot to bury Misty's ashes. 

Misty's 13th birthday would have been April 29th, so we chose that day to place her ashes.

I found a really nice stone marker.


We miss you baby girl.  You will always have a special place in my garden and in my heart.

17 comments:

houndstooth said...

I think that's a great way to memorialize her! Don't we all wish we could rest in our favorite spot forever?

Reilly / Bree said...

That is the perfect spot ! She will be able to keep watch on everything and everyone from that corner.

Diana said...

How sweet!!!

Ricky the Sheltie said...

The perfect way and the perfect spot to honor Misty. We miss her too and send hugs your way.

Priscilla said...

It's so sweet and lovely! Misty always stays in our heart!

new hip dad said...

that last picture brought the tears.

Bailey said...

What a perfect spot to put her marker.

Helen said...

Very nice, I have stones for my guys too but I haven't had the heart to bury their ashes yet.

Kathy said...

The perfect spot and the perfect day, I miss Misty...

Sophie said...

That's the perfect place for your perfect Misty-girl.

betty said...

Misty Girl, forever in our hearts, is forever in her favorite garden spot. The marker will catch the sun, rain, falling leaves, and snow, as Misty once did

Rob said...

It is good that she gets to spend the rest of her time in her favourite place.

Nicki said...

What a perfect idea.

madcobug said...

That was a perfect place to put her. Oreo looks sad as if he knows. Helen

Amy Wood said...

That was a perfect spot you picked for her. The stone really is a nice one. Such a great way to remember her.

Dawn said...

I miss her too.

Adirondackcountrygal said...

I can see I haven't been here for a while. I'm sorry that Missy died.