Tuesday, April 26, 2011

tricky t-day ~all 4 in

Last week, Kathy posted a video of Cricket cramming all 4 feet into a small container. I've seen Ricky do this as well.

At a standstill with some of our other tricks, I decided this was a good one to try, because I felt we could accomplish something in one session.

I did start with a very large container, and Oreo picked up on that in seconds. So, I brought out the next, smaller size. It took him awhile, but by the end of our session, he knew exactly what I wanted. The hard part was preventing him from sitting in the container.

We'll practice this a couple more times, and then move onto an even smaller container.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt42YA8EMdo
>

13 comments:

Dawn said...

He's pretty smart! Which is why he's probably trying to figure out WHY you want him to stand in a tupperware container!

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Good job Oreo!! That is a fun trick to work on. But I still haven't been able to keep Ricky from sitting even in the smallest container - LOL!

If I had the treats sitting on my coffee table like that, Ricky wouldn't be able to concentrate on the trick at all!

Sophie said...

Aww! Clever Oreo is probably wondering why you even want him to do this. Looks like he's gotten the hang of it pretty quickly though.

Priscilla said...

Clever Oreo!!! That's a cool trick and he did so well.
All these videos also made me want to try it on with Eva now :)) Wish us luck!!!

Reilly / Bree said...

I think Oreo and Ricky need to have their own TV show - you guys are RICK STARS with your tricks !!!

Diana said...

Well done!!! I guess it was hard for you to see if his feet where in, huh? LOL Diana

Ludo van Doggy said...

Great job Oreo!!

Anonymous said...

Rihtaš mal? Rihtaš?

Kathy said...

GREAT JOB Oreo, Sylvia Trkman said dont worry about the sitting down when the bowl is small enough at a certain point they wont be able to ;-)....Oreo did FANTASTIC!

Sam said...

Too cute! I have a horse who will stand with all four feet in his water. I'm going to have to try this with the boys!

Sam

houndstooth said...

He's so stinking cute! I think he's going to have this trick mastered in no time!

Honey the Great Dane said...

What a cute trick!! I had never heard of this idea before - very cute! (are you going to be including it in your routine? Wink! Wink!) :-)

Hsin-Yi

Amy Wood said...

Great job! He sure does catch on fast!