Thursday, March 17, 2011

what a day!

Gorgeous weather today! Over 60 degrees! Still have snow in my yard, but it is creeping away.

Jeff even drove his convertible with the top down!

Oreo was smiling, smiling,smiling today. 

We got up close and personal with our 3 deer friends.  Happy to see they survived this record breaking winter!

Saw two red headed woodpeckers pecking away at the bottom of a tree...got really close to them before they flew away!

Did I have my camera with me for any of this?

NO!!!!! 

That's ok though.  I was able to simply enjoy the moment, without having to focus.

Hope everyone else had a good day.

Check out this touching story from Japan, which shows the bond two dogs can have with each other (both dogs are OK now):
http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/dog-in-japan-stays-by-the-side-of-its-ailing-friend-in-the-rubble

9 comments:

Priscilla said...

The signs of spring, how wonderful!!!

Thanks for sharing the link, my eyes are really misty and leaky now.

We're praying for all the people and animals in Japan.

Rob said...

Hi Sara, I saw the video of the two dogs. I tell you there are more to dogs than people realise, you will know that. When you see the things you did today you just know that Spring is not far away.

Ricky the Sheltie said...

So glad to hear you had a gorgeous day too! It is a relief to have some nice weather again - Spring is here, I say!

I can't read or watch the news about Japan - too devastating.

Amy Wood said...

Glad to hear you had a beautiful spring day. That would be incredible to be close to the deer and the woodpeckers. I love nature! :)
The story of the two dogs is a great one. It shows just how magnificant and loyal dogs are. And I'm so happy they are both okay. My thoughts and prayers go out to all the people and animals in Japan.

Diana said...

Im so glad you are finally getting warm weather. WhooHoo!!

I cant watch that video. I deal with to many bad things, that might take me over the edge. I did read the dialog. So sad. Im glad someone helped them.

Dawn said...

I saw some of that video on the news the other night. Best friends are best friends forever, dogs or people.

Reilly / Bree said...

Doesn't this weather just lift the soul and make you you smile. I sat listening to the birds chirping, saw a blue jay and a red cardinal and of coarse the magnolias are in bloom around here.

Sophie said...

Sometimes it's good to just be out in the world without a camera - I know this from experience! :)

Sounds like spring is on it's way for you too. We've regularly been having 6-9C weather, and it's been lovely.

Thanks for sharing the video link. It's horrifying enough thinking about what all the people are going through; even more depressing when you consider all the poor animals who've been left behind. Glad to see that the dogs have since been rescued though.

Kathy said...

I saw that story on the news....sure makes you put things in perspective and sure makes you respect the feelings dogs can have. YEA for convertible with a top down, wooo hoooo, bet you were thinking for awhile that would never happen again. Yea for Oreo smiling, glad you are enjoying the moments, at a time as special as the start of spring that is an important thing!