Monday, February 14, 2011

misty monday~food lady

Do you see the two bowls on the floor? They are licked completely clean. Munchkin & Misty had finished their cubed buttered toast, and were patiently waiting for some bacon (or kielbasa) to hit those bowls.
.
Misty says, "Stop buggin' me mom, I'm with her now. You've been replaced."

Since the two starving, emaciated dogs would gobble the food up so quickly, food lady (my mom) would promptly fill the bowls up again.

Oh yes, whenever these two dogs went to the food lady's house, I became nonexistent. I'm sure they went home with achy necks from gazing up at her for so long

Of course, this tradition was passed onto Oreo as well.

Misty says, "Oreo, if you stand right here, the food lady will give you the best pulled pork ever. You don't even have to do a trick or anything! Don't you love the food lady? She gives me more though, 'cause I lay my head on her lap afterward. Too bad you're a momma's boy."
I choose these photos especially for Valentine's Day.  There was a lot of love going on between my Mom & Misty.  My Mom loved how Misty would jump up on the couch and sit next to her.  Misty would rest her head on my Mom's leg and sigh, that long, drawn out Misty sigh (how I miss those sighs).

My mom had a snack mix that she'd bring when we'd go on vacation together.  Misty always got the best snack in the mix.  My Mom would say, "Let me find you some of your favorites Misty."  I don't think anyone else ever got to try the "good snack".  They all went to Misty.

Of course, Misty deserved every treat she got.

15 comments:

Dawn said...

Such great memories!

Rob said...

Having just spent the weekend with my parents I know exactly what you mean as my parents spoil the dogs rotten as you will have noticed from reading the last post from Tippy's blog. It's nice to see the dogs having a good time though isn't it.

Diana said...

What lucky dogs. I think I want to go to your mom's house.

Priscilla said...

It's what I'm treated when Rosie is home, LOL!!!
Mika and Eva just ignore me and be Rosie's faithful followers.

Ricky the Sheltie said...

I think now we all want to go to your mom's! LOL!

Happy Valentine's Day - these were wonderful memories to share with us today - thanks!

Reilly / Bree said...

Aren't grandpaws the greatest. I have never had one but I hear about all the time and they seem to love to especially spoil us furbabies.

Those are wonderful photos and we love the blog header with Oreo on, he has such a cute expression.

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine Day. I must admit Misty and I loved each other and I do miss her. She was timid for a few a minutes, then remembered, looked up with those beautiful eyes for some treat and then stayed by my side the rest of the day. Oreo will take a treat from me but immediately runs off to his loving Mom... and unlike Munchkin and Misty he is definitely not interested in buttered toast.. bring on the bacon and beef!
Love to you, Jeff and Oreo! ...Mom

Patti and DeBoys said...

Sweet Loving Memories!

Oreo, just wanted you to know I'm a momma's boy also...WOL -- Tytus

♥♥♥♥XoXo♥♥♥♥ HAPPY VALENTINES TO YOU ♥♥♥♥XoXo♥♥♥♥

betty said...

The "food lady" spoils all of us. Her heart has room for everyone.
The photos made me smile.
Happy Valentine's Day!

bigdogzola.com said...

Hi Sara - Us doggies can sniff out the parents (especially generous dog-loving ones) of our special human. They have similar family scents and we love them. Its great to be the 'grand-dog'..lots of goodies and cuddles. Thank you for your blog post.

Helen said...

My Mum is the "food lady" too. It only took one week with her and they were begging from the dining room table. Took many weeks to correct, LOL.

houndstooth said...

Your mom sounds like my husband's grandmother! She couldn't stand how thin our dogs are and she actually fed them one night until our male threw up all over her carpet. Ahhh, memories! They all seem to know that she can't resist them.

Honey the Great Dane said...

Misty sure got spoilt! But as you say...she deserved it! :-)

Kristine said...

Too sweet. Our dogs deserve every little morsel.

I love these memories. It makes me wish I had written down more of my childhood dog's life stories. There is so much I have forgotten now...

Lian said...

Love all the old photos of Misty. I never imagine she is not with us anymore. I miss her very much!