Saturday, January 29, 2011

who's the dummy?

Oreo and I went to agility class today. We haven't been to a class in well over a month. It was nice to go back.

I was a bit rusty. Oreo forgot some stuff.

We had a tunnel/dogwalk discrimination. Oreo was supposed to take the dogwalk. However, no matter how much I moved away from the dogwalk (in an effort to pull him away from the tunnel) he sucked right into the tunnel.

My teacher closed off the end of the tunnel, thinking that would help.

Nope. Oreo ran right toward where the tunnel used to be, and ran under the dogwalk.

I laughed. Thinking, he was pattern trained and assumed the tunnel would be there.

He wouldn't make the same mistake again, would he?

Yep.

And again.....but he caught himself and was able to back up and get on the dogwalk.

"Oh, well why didn't you tell me you wanted me on the dogwalk? Why are you calling me dumb? You're the dummy!"
Other than that, Oreo had some really good runs, including a couple sets of awesome weaves.

10 comments:

Ricky the Sheltie said...

LOL! I ALWAYS chose the tunnel too! And I am no dummy either!

Glad you guys got back to a class! And congrats on the awesome weaves! Guess Oreo's toes feel better! :)

Sara said...

Yes, Oreo's toes seem to be ok.

Diana said...

Oh thats never happened to us. LOL , yea right!

This is what someone told me. When wanting to cue the dogwalk, take of running full force with arm swinging. It works!

Sara said...

Diana,
I'll try that next time, and hope I don't trip and fall on my face.

andrea said...

Good work :)
glad you are back at it :)

Dawn said...

sounds fun! I can't wait for spring so that I can set up some stuff in the yard and we can run. Though today's run in the snow seems to have worn Katie right out. She's done nothing but sleep since we came in. Not that that's a bad thing.

Painter Pack said...

Hello to woo Oreo! Woo is not a dummy! Sometimes we forget! Unlike Siberians, who are just plain stubborn. We do it when we feel like it!!

Keep practicing!!

MBB

Priscilla said...

Hi Oreo, I think you just wanted to give some spices of the day to your mom.
Don't worry, you aren't a dummy at all. You're always a clever boy!!!

Nicki said...

We just got back to work too Luckily the dogs seemed to remember everything.

Anonymous said...

Rihtaš mal? Rihtaš?