Thursday, January 27, 2011

misty's secret

Shhhhh...don't tell anyone, but Misty had a secret.  Yes, every night after dinner, while I was busy in the kitchen, Misty would jump on the couch and fluff up the pillows (that's the polite way of putting it), and sometimes toss them on the floor. 

Every time I would catch her in the act, she would stop and say, "You didn't see that ma, I'm just out here walking around, minding my own business."

Well, during her last few weeks with us, I was determined to catch it on film.  Record her little secret as evidence.  She made it difficult. Every time I opened the camera, she'd stop her antics. 

I had to hide, and pretend I was on the computer in order to get these few short clips.  Given we have very little daylight, they are a bit fuzzy.

I hope Misty wouldn't mind me telling everyone her secret. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qxaPhmHSno


Silly girl.

16 comments:

Priscilla said...

My eyes are watering while watching this. I loved how Misty would suddenly look at you, and then immediately get off the couch to ask you what you're doing. She's adorable. What a beautiful memory of her :) You just can't tell them off!

Reilly / Bree said...

She was doing a little decorating - obviously the cushions just were not in the right place and she had to adjust them. What a great memory to have.

madcobug said...

She looked so cute doing that. Makes me think of ours, They dig their blankets all in a little wad then lay down on top of them. I need to get some pictures. Like Misty if I came in sight Patches will immediately jump down. Great memories that you can keep.
Helen

Nicki said...

Too funny. Zodiac used to have a toy he like to "fluff". I finally had to toss it!

Diana said...

Lol, too funny!!

new hip dad said...

Such a sweety.

LauraK said...

What a sneaky girl! Her pillow "fluffing" is too cute, thanks for sharing her secret!

Helen said...

Beckett does that to the dog beds that are about two to three times his size. Ceilidh and Tucker only plump up blankets, rugs sometimes even the floor, silly dogs.

betty said...

How sweet of Misty getting the sofa ready for Mom and Dad to settle down and watch the evening news.

Kristine said...

That is adorable! I've never seen a dog do anything like that anymore, not unless she intended on laying on them. Misty seems to have enjoyed the fluffing part for its own sake. What a funny little sweetheart.

Ricky the Sheltie said...

LOL! Misty did a great job of fluffing those pillows! :)

Don't tell everybody but I have a secret too - I "fluff" my pillows that I sleep on every night before going to bed.

Kathy said...

LOL, what a character!!!

Rob said...

Hi Sara, That's a nice video to have, I reckon Misty was better at fluffing up the cushions than you were at hiding though.

Dawn said...

awww...She got up and down off that sofa pretty good! Expert fluffer that she was. :)

Ludo van Doggy said...

What a good girl Misty! How nice of her to fluff the pillows for you.

Freda said...

A wonderful piece of video - well done for having the patience to catch it.