Monday, January 31, 2011

misty monday


Rob writes a weekly blog about his gone but not forgotten girl, Tippy.  I thought that was a great idea, which I decided to steal!

Moody Monday will now be Misty Monday.  A day to show never seen before (or old favorites) of Misty, won't that be fun?  Eventually, I'll run out of photos, but I'm going to strive for 52 weeks (that's a year, for those of you who are math challenged) of Misty Mondays!  I'm sure I can rummage up 52 photos.  I must have 1000's.  The hard part will be sticking to one photo a week!  I have so many good ones lined up.

This was Misty's last "moody monday" photo, but I didn't do moody monday last week, even though it was definitely a moody day.

Not much of a story behind this photo.  When I saw Misty in this position, half hanging off the couch, she made me laugh.  I feel as though Misty got in this position and thought, "Good enough," or "Why does there have to be a humongous blanket where I want to sleep?"  Then, she inevitably gave her long, drawn out Misty sigh of contentment.

14 comments:

Katie, Maizey and Magnus said...

What a fabulous idea! And a great way for Misty to keep making us smile as she always has! But I think it should be as many Misty pics as you want!:) Can't wait to see them all!

Diana said...

Great idea. Misty looks like she knew how to relax and take it all in.

Dawn said...

I'd be happy to look at 1000 Misty pictures. Great idea. She's such a sweetie. Present tense intended....because she will always be a sweetie in your heart. And ours.

Ludo van Doggy said...

What a great idea!

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Love your Misty Monday idea! That photo is so sweet!

Priscilla said...

I think it's a great idea! That way nobody will ever forget Misty girl!!

LOL she's too cute! If Eva hangs off the chair, she will give you the worried 'look'. :D

LauraK said...

Awww I'm so happy that we'll get to enjoy Misty's presence for another whole year! I was thinking how sad it was going to be not seeing her sweet face on your blog :) Great idea!

Reilly / Bree said...

She certainly did look very happy and comfortable - and of coarse the idea of lounging is just to be content - and she looked that with her feet hanging off. Love the Misty Monday idea, got but NEVER forgotten.

andrea said...

great idea :)

Kathy said...

Awwwweeee, a great idea esp for right now, I miss Misty and it is good to see her this morning, such a sweetheart!

madcobug said...

A sweet photo of a very sweet girl. She does look comfy. Helen

Kristine said...

I think it is a fantastic idea! I am sure you have enough stories of Misty to last several lifetimes. :-)

Rob said...

Hi Sara, I don't mind at all that you use the same idea as myself, I'm sure there is someone out that used it before me anyway. I just had the idea after watching an episode of CSI where it was said that once something goes out on the internet its there forever so I thought it a great way to keep Tippy alive forever. I'm just glad that we are going to get to see more of Misty also I think it will be a release for you to.

Freda said...

I'm so pleased you are going to do a Misty Monday - it is right to celebrate our dogs' lives and this is a great way of doing it.