Friday, December 31, 2010

rockin' in the new year - Oreo style


Oreo and I reached a milestone today! At our morning CPE trial, Oreo had two runs over 4 yards per second.  Broke our record of 3.9, which was on a jumps only course.  These runs included tunnels.

I can't tell you how many people came up to me to say, "He's gotten so much better," and "beautiful runs."

Oreo dealt with things like men in ring crew chairs, and having to take a jump right toward the crowd and steps away from the timer & scribe. I thought for sure he would go around that jump.  He flew over it like we were all by ourselves.

My strategy today, ignore all Oreo's usual stressors, pretend Oreo has no stressors, and simply run my butt off, encouraging Oreo verbally the entire time.

The two runs were like a dream.

I only got our first run videoed. Too bad, because I think our second run was our best.

Now I have to stop cheering for Oreo when he's going over the last jump, because he dropped that last bar. Second time I've caused him to drop a bar with my hootin' and hollerin'.  I have a hard time controlling my excitement when he surprises me with such a good run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umAdT_oG8ig

I'm so proud of my little boy.

new year

13 comments:

madcobug said...

Oreo did great. I am glad that he has got used to the crowds. Happy New Year to you, Your hubby, Misty, Oreo and the rest of your family.
Helen

Kristine said...

Yay for you and Oreo! You both looked like such a great team out there. If Shiva and I can work together half as well when we start trialing this year, then I will consider myself very successful. Great way to end the year for sure!

AC said...

Woohoo!! What a nice run and a great way to cap off a year of so many successes for Team Oreo! Have you been able to work "the Plan" in with your school schedule?

Diana said...

Just awesome! He was flying, whoohoo! I didn't see any head checking! How great for you guys!!!

Sara said...

AC,
We're always working the plan, it is the weather that is making it difficult for us lately.

We're actually about to schedule another visit with the behaviorist. She wants to work on desensitizing Oreo to men.

LauraK said...

Awesome run- you two were flying out there! Looks like you two know how to end the year with a bang :) Go team Oreo and Sara! Happy 2011 to you as well!

Priscilla said...

YAY!!! We're so proud of both of you! What a beautiful run :) You were really flying and so happy!
What a great start to the year :)

Kathy said...

THAT IS SOOOO AWESOME! You have just done such good work and Oreo should be sooooo proud of you and I can tell how proud you are of him,.....guess that is what a fantastic team is all about isnt it? you guys really ROCK, talk about a wonderful way to ring out the old year, and just imagine what the new year has to hold for you and your amazing Oreo!--I am so excited to see what you guys will be doing next ;-)

Dawn said...

Way to go Oreo! I thought I left a comment here last night..but..new computer...maybe I forgot to save it! :)

Anyway this was a perfect way to end up the year...look how far you guys have progressed! It's amazing. And he's happy too!!

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Hurray for Oreo! Wow - he was really running and not on the look out for anything other than obstacles and where his mom was going! Great job!!

Happy New Year!

Rob said...

Happy New Year Sara, That was a very good showing, shame about the last jump but never mind.

Punk Chopsticks said...

I don't know oreo and ALREADY i'm proud of him. he's a BEAUTIFUL dog, with an awesome name lol XD Congrats btw, and happy new year

Marie said...

Woohoo! Way to go Oreo! That looked awesome. I'm so happy for you both.