Saturday, November 6, 2010

where's Misty?

Where is Misty? Can you find her?
IMAG0213









Here's your clue....follow the sun...
IMAG0211
This week, Misty got put on yet another antibiotic, trimethoprim-sulfa, for her UTI. She had been off the antibiotics for 2 weeks, but I wasn't convinced she was better. Our acupuncturist told me her kidney and bladder points were still in need of a lot of work. She thought running a new test was a good idea.

I had another culture and sensitivity done, even though the last one came back clear.

My instinct was right, she's got an ecoli strain that is resistant to the other 2 drugs we've tried. The creepy crawlies are still in her system.

Hoping this med does the trick. She's been fighting this for over 2 months. Looks like she'll be on the meds another month. Poor girl.

12 comments:

Diana said...

Poor Misty. what about giving her shots of antibiotics? Is that an option? Diana

Sara said...

If this one doesn't work, then we'll probably explore shots, or an IV. I think we have the right med this time. Fingers crossed.

Ricky the Sheltie said...

I couldn't see Misty in the photo at all until you gave the hint! She blended in perfectly.

Poor Misty. Thank goodness you took her back to the vet and ran the tests again. Nasty e coli! We will keep our paws and fingers crossed that the new medicine takes care of it!

Dawn said...

awww...poor girl. It's so hard when they can't tell us how they're feeling. But you get so you know when they aren't right. Good thing you didn't chalk up changes in her to her just being older. You're a good dog-mom.

I hope she feels better soon and this med works! We all love Misty-girl!

madcobug said...

I am sending up a pray for you Misty Girl that you will soon be well. Helen

Noah said...

Oh Misty, hope you get to feeling better real soon.

Kathy said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOH poor girl, hopefully now that they have identified the exact bad bug they can get rid of it for good. Sorry Misty-give her a big hug for us and tell her we are thinking of her and sending her lots of healing thoughts!!!

Helen said...

I did't see Misty either until your clue. I hope she's doing better. Its tough when they're not feeling right, I'm still concerned about Tucker.

Islay said...

lots of places to sniff and the screen doesn't smell like a thing! Enjoy the sun, Misty.

lix-n-slobbers
Islay

Priscilla said...

I had to look at the first picture over and over again before I found her! The hint about following the sunlight was very helpful :)

Poor pooor girl!
I'm so sorry Misty has to go through with all this!
She's a tough girl and I'm sure she'll pull through just fine!

betty said...

If the second photo is not a blown-up section of the first, I may have found Misty. I hope your precious girl is well soon.

Patti and DeBoys said...

We have our paws crossed and saying our prayers for MISTY to be well soon. She must feel good basking in the sunlight.

Beautiful Misty! -- Brutus & Tytus