Saturday, November 13, 2010

silly saturday startline stuff

Our behaviorist thought I was giving Oreo too many treats on the startline. She thinks agility should be the big reward for remaining calm.

I'm not sure how rewarding agility is in class for him (depends on the day), but I know he finds agility very rewarding at home.

In the yard, I set up a mini course to see what I could get out of Oreo.

Well, I think we still have a lot of work to do on our startline. Of course, Oreo doesn't think it's work, which I guess is the point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5bklgiAmLM
Thanks for all your compliments yesterday. I really wasn't insulted by my student, mostly amused. 16 years of working with teenagers, and you get used to them pointing out your pimples, high waters, and fly away hair. If you don't have a sense of humor in my profession, you might as well quit.

13 comments:

Dawn said...

oh oreo, you make me laugh!

Adirondackcountrygal said...

Nice job Oreo. I saw Misty waiting patiently in the background for her turn!

LauraK said...

It's so nice to see you training Oreo consistently with his start line stays. I used to be in class with this old lady and her AMAZING, young Aussie that was very talented- their problem was startline stays. She used agility as the reward, but with no consistency. That poor dog was beyond confused- her owner didn't mark whether she was right or wrong- I was even confused! I always feel so bad for the dog, because she would be an absolute dream to run if she had a handler that knew how to teach her right from wrong and could keep up with her :) Sorry about my little rant- it just makes me sad for the pup.

Oreo looks like he's having a blast out there. And your post yesterday was too funny! I think it's great that you have such a fun sense of humor and don't take life too seriously.

Kathy said...

Great video, Oreo looks so happy!

Brittany said...

Great job! I like how confidently you are walking away from him. You guys are both making so much progress!

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Oreo is just exploding off the startline now! So cool! Glad to see him happy and fast and thoroughly enjoying himself! Good job!

Marie said...

Everybody looks like they are having a great time. Love it! That's a pretty tough startline stay distraction, having to watch Misty run. I thought he was going to do it too, for a minute. LOL

Monica said...

Your dogs are very adorable!
Monica

Priscilla said...

Oreo is so cute!He gave me a big smile on my face today!

Dawn said...

Sara, I saw this piece on the Nightly News on MSNBC, about a camp for kids who have lost a family member. Maybe your nephews are too young, but I thought about them while I watched this.

Go to nightly.msnbc.com and then go to the left and click on "making a difference" where you should see the video for the grief camp.

This link might get you directly there: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032619/ns/nightly_news/#40158744

Dawn said...

here's a link to the PA camp:

http://www.pennmedicine.org/homecare/services/camperin/

Sorry - can't help being a librarian... :)

Sara said...

Thanks Dawn. I sent the info onto my sister.

Diana said...

Great job Oreo!! Diana