Tuesday, October 26, 2010

tricky t-day ~ trick or treat?

We don't get trick or treaters at our house, but I thought I'd try and see if I could teach Oreo to dole out treats. At one point, he wanted to do everything BUT hand out the sugar babies. Watch him grab his bandana in his mouth at one point, hoping for a click! Now, that would be a trick, if I could get him to pull the bandana over his nose! Maybe if I had boxes of liver, he would have been more enthusiastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_DJUz7_c7M

Watching this, I realized my clicking was sooooo late. I didn't click until the candy hit the bottom of the pumpkin. That was a long freefall!

Anyone want a slobbery box of sugar babies?

8 comments:

Priscilla said...

Clever boy Oreo!
Just don't tell the trick and treaters that all those sugar babies had been in a doggies' mouth!!!

Dawn said...

Katie would take that box of sugar babies and run with it. You'd find pieces of soggy cardboard in some dark corner of the house, but no sign of any sugar babies!

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Oreo is adorable! Too bad you don't get any trick or treaters because they would get a huge kick out of getting their treat from him!

So many tricks hinge on the retrieve and hold. Wonder when I will really get that? Oreo is a pro now!

Diana said...

Your dogs are so smart. My dogs would have never dropped the box of candy. Once they got it, they would have run away. "I dont need your treat, I got my own treats". LOL Diana

Patti and DeBoys said...

Love it...Happy Howl-oween!

Rob said...

That was good Sara, I don't think it would take him long to perfect that trick.

Honey the Great Dane said...

Aw...I think he did so well! Just love the look of eager concentration on his face when he's learning something new!

Hsin-Yi

Kelly said...

Oh my gosh! That was SO CUTE! I love it! :) :) :)