Tuesday, September 7, 2010

tricky t-day ~ back weave

OK, we've been working on this for weeks! It is still a work in progress, but if I wait until it is perfect to show you, it may be June!

It took me about a week to figure out which side Oreo should be on, and how my legs needed to move. Duh! Once I figured that part out, we made more progress. Oreo still needs a lot of luring, and I'm hoping for more speed and precision. That's what I'm going to start clicking for over the next few weeks.

Anyway, here is our attempt at backward weave through my legs.

9 comments:

Ricky the Sheltie said...

That's great!!! Mom can't figure out her footwork for this trick so we hardly ever work on it! I know I could do my part. You guys just inspired us to try again - I am going to have mom watch your video several times to copy your movement! :)

Rob said...

Hi Sara, I think you should give yourself a treat too, it can't be easy getting it all timed right. It gives me the impression its something that might be easier to do after some wine.

Dawn said...

That pretty much made my knee ache just to watch it! LOL! I can't even imagine getting Katie to back through anything, much less my leg! Very excellent work!

new hipdad said...

I think rob is onto something. music was perfect as always.

Marie said...

That was super! I don't know how you and Ricky and others all come up with the ideas and time to work on all your tricks. I keep thinking that I'm going to work on more tricks with my dogs, but I rarely get around to it.

Kathy said...

FANTASTIC!!! That does look so challenging but you guys are doing so GREAT!!!

Sara said...

You think I can walk backward, cue my dog, click & treat after a glass of wine? Now that might make for an entertaining video.

Priscilla said...

Looks hard!!
This is an AWESOME trick!!!

Tells Oreo that his hind legs do exist too :0

AC said...

Will there be a full Team Oreo dance routine in the future? You keep adding to Oreo's amazing dance moves!

Oh! (Playing catch-up) Congratulations on such a great trial!! It sounds like moving down to level 1 and moving those chairs helped Oreo.

I'd love to hear about your experience with the vet-behaviorist when you go.