Saturday, September 4, 2010

oreo cam

Thanks to our fabulous friend, Priscilla, I was able to figure out how to operate our new mini camcorder. Priscilla was kind enough to translate the Chinese instructions into English for me! Isn't that amazing?

Now I know how to work the camera, however I need to figure out how to make it look better than this. Maybe I should use Misty, who will move much slower.....

I had Oreo going over three jumps, then thru the chute. If you suffer from vertigo, don't watch this video!




I'm sure Jeff will be able to rig something up to stabilize the camera a bit. Jeff thinks we need to get the video going up over his head somehow, by attaching some contraption to his harness. Poor Oreo is going to end up looking like some sort of weird science experiment in the agility ring.

8 comments:

Dawn said...

OMG that is so funny! I can pick out the "sheltie prance" when he's walking or trotting. Now I know what it's like for Katie when she runs through the chute! I'm going to watch it again, and yes I do usually have a type of vertigo! LOL!

Rob said...

I agree with Jeff although I'm sure it won't be easy and I think it may always be a shakey when running and jumping but even the video you already did was interesting as it gave a dogs eye view when he stayed still.

Diana said...

LOL, yea I think it needs to be higher on Oreo. But it works really well for how small it is. Diana

One Dog, One Camera said...

Earthquake! Lol jk, That was pretty cool! It was interesting to see the chute from a dogs view!

Ricky the Sheltie said...

LOL! Mom couldn't keep watching - it made her nauseous!

Just Bill said...

Sara, that was funny. Maybe Jeff could some how build the camera in a hat that would get the camera higher form the ground.
I guess duct tape would not be a good choice.
Maybe a piece of styrofoam packing would make a nice mount but am not sure how to fasten it to Oreo's head.
Maybe fastening or taping it to her collar would be a better approach.
It is a neat camera and, I am sure Jeff will do a good job on it. He seems handy and I admire him for putting up with you and your dog training fetish, Bill

Priscilla said...

LOL!! That's hilarious. I did get very dizzy in the first few seconds already :)
Glad it all worked out for you!

Kathy said...

I can not believe you got the instructions translated, who would have thought? Arent blogger friends the best? Isnt the internet an amazing thing? Good job Oreo.