Friday, September 10, 2010

misty~girl update

IMG_2343

My mom was asking about Misty's health yesterday, and I thought I'd update everyone.

Misty is still fighting off the UTI. We are going into week 3. We had her on baytril for a week, and saw some improvement, but not enough for me (I wanted her better immediately!). So, we switched her to clavamox. Again, we saw some improvement, then a drastic decline.

As of Wednesday, Misty is back on the Baytril, but at double the dosage. My vet also put her on tramadol to help alleviate any pain associated with the straining.

I'm hoping after a few days at this higher dose we will start to see signs of improvement.

Poor girl.

She did do some play bowing with Oreo today, so maybe that is a good sign. Of course, her spunky side always comes out with the cooler weather.

12 comments:

Rob said...

Hi Sara, Thanks for the update. I know how you feel when you say you want her better immediately, there is nothing worse than seeing your dog suffering, you'd probably rather take the pain away from her and have it yourself.

Priscilla said...

Thanks for an update on Misty.
I'm so sorry this is all not going so well for you. I really hope and pray that the medication works for Misty.

Too many things have happened to our dogs lately, Katie's Meeka (the rottie) just passed away few days ago too.

My prayers are with you and your family.

Diana said...

oooh poor Misty. I hope she feels better soon. Diana

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Sorry to hear that Misty is still not feeling well and that the medicine didn't work right away - I would've wanted immediate results too. I sure hope she gets some quick relief from the higher dosage - poor girl. Thanks for posting an update!

Jules said...

Ohhh poor Misty. I was wondering how she is doing. I hope she sees a big improvement soon.

madcobug said...

Sara I pray that Misty will soon be well. I hope your day at school is a good one. Helen

Dawn said...

awwww...poor little girl. I hope the new med combo works quickly.

Funny the places dogs like to sleep, I wouldn't think sleeping with a chair leg in your chest would be all that comfortable!

Marie said...

Oh, I was hoping that she was feeling better by now. :-( I hope the higher dose does the trick and she's back to her self soon.

Noah said...

Poor baby, I feel so bad for her. She is such a beautiful thing.

Kathy said...

OOOH that UtI sure seems like a bugger....hope Misty feels better really soon...I hate to hear she is not feeling 100%, you know I love Misty..

AC said...

Misty, you look so pitiful!

I hope the higher dosage clears that thing up. It's so hard to see our pups under the weather.

Helen said...

Hope Misty feels better real soon!!!