Friday, September 24, 2010

It starts today!

I'll be at the DOCNA East Nationals today! Yikes.

Whatever happens, happens. My goals? Keep Oreo's stress level down. Enjoy the day. Like my dad told me, I'm going to "take whatever Oreo gives me" and "make it fun for him." Jeff told me to "talk to Oreo the whole time, and encourage him." Good, foolproof advice, that I plan on using.

Our last two agility classes went great. I purposely set up our ex-pen right where we would normally hang out before entering the standard ring at a trial. I used our velcro harness, exactly as I plan on doing today. I click/treated excessively for entering/exiting the ring, walking past people, inside tunnels, etc. Overall, Oreo was a happy, relaxed dog. I hope those positive experiences during class pay off this weekend.

Oreo had his chiro/acupuncture tune up on Tuesday! So, he is in tip top shape. Here is Oreo on "his bench", waiting for his favorite doctor. You'd think he owned the place.
IMAG0191
I'll try and post some updates throughout the day, either here or on twitter. We'll be doing standard and jumpers on both Friday and Saturday. Sunday is the finals....if we qualify.
docna

11 comments:

Rob said...

Good luck Oreo, just stay calm and you'll be ok. I will keep an eye out to see how you go on.

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Good luck!!! I am sure your work at the last two classes will pay off - hope Oreo is relaxed and happy at the Nationals! Can't wait to hear all about it! We'll be thinking about you!

Dawn said...

Have fun...BOTH of you! So Misty gets to go to Oreo's chrio appointment? How cool, to go to the "vet" and not have to have anything done to you! Maybe I should take Katie to the vet when it's not her turn so she'd get over her fear...hmmmm.

Meanwhile just enjoy the trial!

Diana said...

Good luck and have fun!! And remember, "a bad day at agility is better than a good day at work". LOL Thats on a T-shirt someone sell. Have a great day. Diana

Marie said...

Have a great time! We're just getting up and about here at the hotel here. Trial starts in a few hours here in the West. :-)

Jules said...

GOOD LUCK!! I hope you both have a blast and come home with some pretty ribbons.

Patti and DeBoys said...

Good Luck OREO...your fans are wishing you a great weekend! We will be keeping an eye out for the Fantastic outcome.

AC said...

ooooo...I'm super excited for Team Oreo! It's sounds like you did some great prep work leading up to this weekend. Can't wait to hear how it goes. Have fun out there!

LauraK said...

Have a wonderful time, we will all be looking forward to hearing updates. I've got some friends going to the DOCNA champs west, right here in Colorado! Best of luck to you two, Oreo looks like he's pumped up!!

Kathy said...

good luck...we will be thinking of you guys today!!!!

Priscilla said...

I'm sure nothing will go wrong!
Good luck!