Friday, September 3, 2010

I need a translation!

Jeff just bought a mini DV video camera. It is about the size of an ipod shuffle. I have high hopes of clipping it to Oreo's collar, and getting a dog's eye view of an agility course. Wouldn't that be neat? Whenever Jeff buys an electronic item, it quickly becomes mine!

Of course, getting a dog's view of an agility course is dependent on figuring out the instructions. One side was written in Chinese, the other "translated" in English. There are only two buttons, so you'd think it would be easy to use!

Here are the instructions as printed:

1. In closes down and under readiness for action, presses the button short, according to the pattern switch, enters the corresponding condition (What? Condition? Is this going to require a trip to the ER?).

2. In recorded under the pattern, the blue lamp bright, presses the button short, stops the video recording, preserves the video recording, preserves the video recording content, the machine enters the readiness for action, the blue lamp extinguishes, the yellow light is bright; Long presses the button (who is Long? I don't know him! Is it OK if I press the button instead of this Long guy?) , preserves the video recording content then close-down. This time allocates move set clock for the pattern selection switch the photograph pattern, stops the video recording content, the machine enters the photograph pattern.

Can anyone translate this for me?

13 comments:

Priscilla said...

Would you mind taking a photograph of the chinese text for me? It might be easier to translate for you that way.

Sara said...

Wow Priscilla! I didn't think someone would actually give me a real translation! You are too kind!

Dawn said...

Can't translate because my eyes are all teared up from laughing...

Rob said...

Hi Sara, I can see why Jeff gave you the camera now! You do realise that when you get it working and shown him how it works he will want it back! I suggest you take it to school and let the kids play with it because if they're like my daughter they never read instructions anyway even when they're written in good English. She just seem to press all the buttons in all possible combinations and thats is figured out, the book never even comes out of the box with most things.

Sara said...

Rob,
You are so right on both accounts. Jeff likes me to use his electronics first, so I can then teach him how to use them!

My students would probably have the camera figured out in 20 seconds. Great idea!

Jules said...

Holy confusing! It is tiny though.

Diana said...

Well, it looks very cool. I hope you figure it out because I want one. LOL Diana

One Dog, One Camera said...

LMAO I have no translation for that, but if/when you do figure it out, I am excited to see what the agility course looks like from a dogs view :)

Kathy said...

Too funny, it looks really neat if you figure it out!!!

Noah said...

I agree with One Dog, One Camera...I want to see the agility course from his view. Looking forward to you, or the students, getting it figured out. Sorry I can't help on what it is actually telling you.

Sam said...

Wow! Hah! Sounds like they used one of those online translator things to write the English directions. I'm guessing there isn't any sort of customer service you can call, right? Did you try Googling it to see if any other English-speaking people have used it?

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Did you get an actual translation from Priscilla? That would be very cool! The camera looks so neat and agility from Oreo's viewpoint would be awesome to see. Hope you figured out how to use it!

DB said...

Hello, I was directed to your blog by Just Plain Bill. The instructions are hilarious. They are no doubt done with a Chinese/English disctionary. Grammer and syntax are out of the question. I once tried to put together something from China and got an instruction which said "Fasten down sinister screw."

DB
Vagabond Journeys