Friday, September 24, 2010

DOCNA Nationals Day One

Wow. I couldn't be any prouder of my boy, Oreo. We came in second place in jumpers, which I thought was our better run. Then, we came in first place in standard!

They had official ribbon ceremonies. So, you didn't know how you did until it was announced to everyone. I swear, I felt like I had won an Emmy when I got called for that first place. I could have given a speech through the tears I was holding back.

Our jumpers run was perfect. I couldn't have asked for a better run from my dog.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyUIXyGN3kw

Oreo's standard run wasn't super speedy, but he made no mistakes, and kept a steady pace the whole time. No major freaky moments. No opting out of obstacles. Given the hot temps and the long day, I couldn't have been prouder when we left the ring.

Thanks to Kevin, a junior handler, who runs another Oreo, for videoing my run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rxLPNI5AOc


Who knows what will happen tomorrow? I really don't care. I'll keep doing what I'm doing, and hope Oreo has the stamina to last the weekend. We have fancy ribbons. If we don't get anymore, I'm fine with that. Share the wealth, right?
Oh yea, and did I mention the goodie bag?

14 comments:

AC said...

I'm smiling ear to ear!!! Yay Oreo and Sara! You two had such a good day. Here's to more fun on the weekend!

Diana said...

WhooHoo how wonderful!!! Great runs!! Can wait to see the ribbons. Diana

Helen said...

Way to go, Oreo!! You rock.

Dawn said...

I'm just grinning over here! I think he had fun, he did glance over to his left on the top of the A-frame..just checking I guess!

I also loved your little jump for joy at the very end of the jumpers course!

Looks like you both had a blast!

GOOD JOB YOU GUYS!

Ricky the Sheltie said...

WOW!!! Awesome job Oreo and Sara! First place and second place? Congratulations! Your runs were fantastic - Oreo was very fast and confident! I am super proud of you guys! Good luck tomorrow!

Kathy said...

That is so cool and the runs are beautiful. I have to compliment you, you look soooo confident and like you are GENUINEELY having a GREAT TIME. I love how you kept moving.....your handling was GORGEOUS. Oreo was a super star. I think all agility trials should have when they present the ribbons, sort of anticlimatic to go and find the cabinet with the ribbons and fish out your own stuff, ;-). What a great trial!!!

Nicki said...

That's awesome! Big congrats from all of us!!!

Just Bill said...

Sara. Congratulaations to you two. You looked like a matched set out there today and like you were both having fun. Oreo looked great and your handling was supberb.
Good luck tomorrow Bill

LauraK said...

How AWESOME!! I'm so happy for you two- hope you kick some butt tomorrow as well, we'll be waiting to hear about it!

Marie said...

Woohoo! Congratulations on a great first day of Championships! Aren't they fun? Great ribbons, nice people, relaxed trial atmosphere and super welcome gifts. Doesn't get much better!

We're having a great time here too. We're looking forward to another day of fun tomorrow!

Rob said...

Hi Sara, well done to you and Oreo! Can I have your autograph? I haven't had chance to look at the vids yet as we are just setting off but I had to come and have a quick check to see how you went on. I am really pleased for you both.

Priscilla said...

Woo! We knew you'd do it and nothing could go wrong :))
Congrats and well done to a proud mommy and awesome doggy!

Jules said...

WOO-HOOO!! I am so happy for you two. :) Super stars!

Noah said...

Great job Sara and Oreo. Now that I will never be able to compete, I will watch your achievements. Keep up the hard work, we are proud of you!