Wednesday, August 18, 2010

winkin' wednesday


After getting a shocking spam comment yesterday (ok, I found it amusing, but others might find it shocking), I'm trying out word verification for my comments! Hopefully that does the trick to keep the hoodlams at bay. Although, part of me feels like I am supressing their freedom of speech, er, spam.

I used to love Spam (the kind that comes in a can), fried up in a pan. Can't remember the last time I had any. I may be the only person who will admit they actually like the stuff. But, I do. I bet secretly you do too!

9 comments:

Diana said...

The spamers are sure getting thourgh these days. You might try making the comments having to be approved by you before they get posted. I hope the word verification works. Diana

Ricky the Sheltie said...

The word verification didn't work for me and I had to go to comments approved by me. I don't think it's squelching their freedom of speech - I think they are just plain rude!

Dawn said...

I missed the spam comment. Oh well, my imagination will probably come up with something more shocking than the real thing!

Wink wink! Who you wink'n at there Oreo? :)

Priscilla said...

I missed the spam comment too :(

Did Oreo just see a girl BC go by? LOL

Rob said...

I bet Oreo and Misty like spam too. I kept getting spam until I moved to my new blog, I think I gave them the slip for now. They seem to pick on one particular post all the time for some reason. I'm sure the word verification will work cos it has me beat half the time - or do I just need to go get my eyes tested? Thanks for the info on the flowers.

Sara said...

LOL. I have to try three different words sometimes too. They really scrunch the letters together sometimes.

Jules said...

Ohhh, I missed the shocking spam comment. Knock on wood, I haven't had any spam since I added word verification.

Kathy said...

Wow, I missed the shocking comment too, LOL. Oreo you are the cutest!!!

LauraK said...

It's unfortunate that we have to deal with internet spam! I can't say I've ever tried real Spam :)

Oreo is so cute, I love the picture!