Monday, August 9, 2010

Wake up!

Got coffee?


A flock of turkeys has been following us around. We see them in the cemetery on our morning walk, and then they make their way to the woods behind our house in the evening. Sometimes, the dogs find them still in the backyard at 5 in the morning. This does not make my neighbors happy, because my dogs bark their heads off until turkeys run away. Wake up everyone! Alien bird creatures have invaded!

Turkeys are hard to photograph when you have barking dogs. Here are two that I got on my cell, but had to crop severely.

turkeys
No, we don't usually keep furniture at the end of our driveway. However today, if you happen to drive by, you may be able to get some furniture for FREE! Better be quick though, things don't last long around here.

Baby turkeys, just made it before the cars came down the hill.
turkey2

9 comments:

Morgan in Pittsburgh said...

You know what?? we have those pesky turkeys at our house too. Except, when we bark, they don't go anywhere. They just keep walking around, looking at us. How annoying is that?
your pals, Morgan & Maisie

Priscilla said...

LOL. You should host an early (or late) thanksgiving :)))
Wish I could drive by your house today!

LauraK said...

That picture of Oreo is fantastic- what a great shot! Describes exactly how I'm feeling right now at 4:30 am. The day wouldn't be complete without checking blogger, right?!

Good thing your dogs are keeping those pesky turkeys out of your yard- they sure are earning their keep!

Diana said...

O sure, we know that really you sit by the road and wave to all the people driving by. LOL Great shot of Oreo! Diana

Sara said...

LOL.

Ricky the Sheltie said...

LOL Diana!

I love Oreo's header photo so much - every time I go to your blog it puts a huge grin on my face!

Turkeys in your yard - I think that's fun! Mom says we have a frog in our fish pond (first time ever) but I haven't seen him yet!

Dawn said...

Turkey's in the yard! Free entertainment for Oreo and Misty!

I admit I stopped when I got t the picture of the driveway and tried to figure out why the chairs were so close to the road, and pictured you guys sitting there watching traffic go by and thought that was sort of weird...THEN read on. Good thing you explained yourself because I was thinking you needed to get a life! Or that you were making Oreo sit in one of the chairs as cars went by...

Jules said...

oh baby turkeys - I bet they were so ugly they were cute!

madcobug said...

Great shots of Oreo. That is nice that you see Turkeys in your yard. My daughter's school started back today. Last week was spent in meetings and such. Helen