Saturday, August 28, 2010

new harness

I always walk my dogs in harnesses, but use a collar/lead or sliplead at trials. Harnesses are just too much of a pain to put on/off when going in/out of the ring. Right?

Well....at our last CPE trial, I saw someone literally rip a harness off their dog in 2 seconds flat.

Had to go get myself one of those.

Oreo is now the proud wearer of a comfort flex sport harness, from a company not too far up the road from us. It goes on in seconds, off even quicker (velcro! one of the world's greatest inventions). I feel so much better about walking him around a trial environment in a harness rather than a slip lead or collar/lead. Plus, this one has kind of a handle on it, which may be useful at times.

IMG_2347

Plus, if Oreo pulls, it won't put any pressure on him. No more hacking.

Very excited about trying it out at our trial tomorrow.

I've gotta order one for Misty now too. She hates the process of taking the other one off.

11 comments:

Diana said...

Hmmm, that looks neat! Diana

Kathy said...

I LOVE those, I have several of those,we have a bunch of colors but we just go the red/white/blue ones that are fund raisers for the world team that clean run is selling. Oreo looks spiffy in his! The only thing I dont like is I like to use harnesses when doing agility training and the hard metal ring flings around too much and hits the dogs when I do like agility, but not a huge deal. The thing I like is they are cheap enough that I have two or three for every dog and because of that and how small they fold up I can keep one for eachc dog in the car for when I forget to bring a harness.

Sara said...

Kathy,
I thought you did a post on these once. I definitely will take it off before doing agility. That ring would bounce around! Ouch!

Ricky the Sheltie said...

What size did you get for Oreo? I looked into one of these for Ricky and can't remember the measurement right now but thought he kind of fell in between sizes. I like the look of them and would love to get him one - he hates his fleece harness - is that the Walk-eez one? It is too hard to put on and work all of his ruff fur through to get it to lie back on his neck far enough.

Sara said...

I got Oreo the small (he measured 20.5). I think the xs would have worked too. I have the velcro as tight as it will go on the small.

You can always call clean run with do ricky's measurements, they are very helpful.

Noah said...

Good luck tomorrow. 2 very beautiful dogs!

Priscilla said...

Awesome harness!!
If Oreo measures 20.5, it means Eva is around the same size!

Rob said...

Hi Sara, That sounds like a good harness to have, especially with the handle and I must say that Oreo looks very smart in it too.

Dawn said...

Good idea! But is Oreo's ear so far back it's inside out?

Sara said...

LOL! He was just twisting it around, because I kept calling his name trying to get him to look at the camera.

Dawn said...

stubborn are they - Shelties! LOL. WON'T LOOK AT THE CAMERA CAUSE MAMA WANTS ME TO!

I'd like to know if you liked the harness once you've used it at a trial. I think it might work for Katie. Couldn't find any size measurments things at the website, like what size chest fit into what size harness etc...when you said Oreo was 20, is that his height? Or?