Friday, August 13, 2010

here goes nothing & a gold star!

Tomorrow we will be at a CPE trial, trying out level 1 enthusiast.

My plan? Run as fast as I can, and keep things light hearted. Don't worry, be happy is going to be my new mantra.

I'm realistic enough not to expect great changes simply because we've switched levels for one trial. I am ready to get started though!

The forecast looks good. Finally, a trial without heat and humidity!

We'll be doing jumpers, wildcard and standard. I have us entered in 2 standard runs, but standard is running C-1. That means we'd run our second standard at the very end of the day. I doubt we'll do that 4th run, unless they keep things moving at a good pace.

We have a busy trial schedule for the remainder of the summer. We have a DOCNA trial and another CPE trial all before I go back to school.

Boy, Oreo will be begging me to go back to work, so he can get some rest!

We had a great agility class this week, and are continuing to make strides in confidence in/around the ring. It was much cooler than it has been! I didn't go home a sweaty mess.

You'll see a snippet of what we accomplished in class when I post our training challenge for this week! Look for it tomorrow. I'm posting it a day early, so I can write about the trial on Sunday.

I told my teacher that we would be doing level 1 enthusiast this weekend. It made me so happy when she didn't skip a beat before saying, "That's great!"

Of course, I expected nothing but 100% support from her, since she is the kindest person on the planet. However, it gave me a bit more validation. Look for tweets on my twitter tomorrow (how do you like that alliteration).

Now, I haven't been giving out gold stars during summer vacation, but someone earned one this week! Dottie emailed me her response to Misty's photo:

IMAG0159
Misty is thinking, "What I need is a get out of Jail Free card."

Too funny Dottie! Here's your gold star!


6 comments:

Rob said...

Hi Sara, life is to short to do anything that doesn't make you happy and relaxed. Its nice to win but its not everything. I hope you and Oreo have a great time on Sunday.

Priscilla said...

Wow! There's much agility to be done!!
Good luck and most of all, Have fun!!!

Congrats Dottie for a very awesome wordless wednesday caption :)

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Love your trial plan and so glad to hear the weather will cooperate! Oreo is going to really like the easier courses and I think like you that it will totally boost his confidence!

Dottie's caption was perfect - too, too funny!

Diana said...

Sounds like a good plan. Cant wait to hear about it. Have a good time. Diana

Dawn said...

Have fun tomorrow, both of you!! Can't wait to hear all about it.

And Dottie's caption? PERFECT!

Kathy said...

good luck I can not wait to hear how it goes. I hope you just concentrate a lot on running fast and having fun, like you said, if you miss a few jumps or do an off course but Oreo is running happy, then no big deal, you guys are going to do great and I bet you are really going to have fun!!!! Hope you get video!!!!