Thursday, July 8, 2010

too hot to move


They say our heat wave is going to break tomorrow. I can't wait. We might as well be living in Louisiana, minus the bird sized mosquitos.

Took the dogs for a short walk this morning, and I thought I might have to carry Misty home. She really suffers in the heat.

Skipped agility class last night. Too hot. Bummer, because we haven't been to a class in over a month, and I wanted to get Oreo to the farm one more time before our trial on Sunday.

Oh well. At least I've made a dent in my stack of library books!

Maybe the dogs will get a much needed bath today.....

7 comments:

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Awww....poor Oreo and Misty! It's super hot here too. I got a bath the other day and I have to admit, it actually felt good!

LauraK said...

Yay for reading lots of library books, but boo on the heat! It sounds so miserable, I hope you all get a break soon. Tell the puppies to enjoy their baths...lol.

Diana said...

I feel bad for you all. We always have summers like what you are having. Its miserable. Diana

Dawn said...

Yea, us northerners aren't used to these southern summers! I remember the first year my parents moved to Alabama, I visited them in August. What WAS I thinking? I couldn't even breath outside. Now I'm more acclimated...

My brother and I came in about an hour ago from water skiing, before it gets to hot to be out on the lake. I'll spend mid-day inside and head out onto the water this evening. In the south you just change up the way you live.

Maybe get the pups a kids pool to play in! Way more fun than a bath!

Kathy said...

I bet a bath would feel goooooood for the dogs on a day like today, let them splash the heck out of you and maybe it will feel good to you too???? LOL. ;-( sorry you had to miss class!

Helen said...

Same here, super hot, but my young guy starts an advanced agility class tonight so we won't skip the first class.
http://helenshomeworld.blogspot.com

AC said...

Fingers crossed for a cooler day today.