Monday, July 12, 2010

my flower...


Why do I find my dog sleeping, on his much too big bed, the cutest thing in the world? You don't have to answer. I know, I am biased and completely won over.

Do you know, sometimes I pick Oreo up, bring him to Jeff and say, "Look, I found a skunk in our house!"

Jeff always says, "You can call him Flower, if you want to." (Famous line from Bambi).


We had a great time at the Bon Jovi concert last night. Still kind of tired. I shot a couple videos with my phone. Horrible quality.

Just in case you're a fan (don't torture yourself with these videos if you're not!), here is what it was like, waiting for Bon Jovi to come on stage. That anticipation is always the best part of the night:


And here he is singing "It's my Life." Believe me, he sounded WAY better in person!

We were in the balcony, in the row in front of an aisle. So, we had no one in front of us. Great view. Although, just about every seat at SPAC has a great view. Fun time. Great show. Highly recommend catching his tour if you're so inclined. I brought ear plugs, but didn't need 'em.

10 comments:

Diana said...

So glad you had a good time! And Oreo is so cute!! Diana

betty said...

Wow, that was "One Wild Night Live!" What a great day of awards and songs. It's "Always" fun at your home. Now you all, "Have a nice day."

Sam said...

That must have been a great, once-in-a-lifetime show. Good thing you kept your skunk home, I think it would have been a bit too loud for him (Marge too) ;)

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Awww....Oreo is very cute!

Glad the concert was fun! I'm sorry to say I only listened to 5 seconds of the 2nd video!Now if you had gone to see YoYo Ma or Itzhak Perlman I would've listened to it all! :)

Helen said...

That's what I called my bi-black Ceilidh's toy skunk, Flower. And for the same reason. Ceilidh was a princess and loved to sleep in a bed so I had dog beds all over for her. I wish I had taken pictures of her alseep on them. I lost her in May to Mast cell cancer at only 7 yrs 4 months.

Sara said...

Oh Helen,
That's so sad. I guess I won't feel too crazy about taking lots of photos of oreo. You just never know.

Dawn said...

He's so cute! Especially asleep! LOL

I am glad you had fun at the concert...I'm sure he sounded great!

Deborah said...

Great pictures and he does look like Flower!
I love Bon Jovi! I would love to see him in concert...you must have had a blast!

Marie said...

How fun! I can imagine it was an awesome concert!

LauraK said...

I think you have the cutest skunk!

I actually just got back from a Bare Naked Ladies concert- and it's 12:30 am- WAY past my bedtime! It was so spontaneous, one of my dog friends had an extra ticket and asked if I would go. I haven't been to a concert in years!

I can also say I've been to SPAC :) and I'll probably be visiting Saratoga in August, I can't wait! I just the love that area, you are so lucky to live there :)