Saturday, July 3, 2010

Plimoth Plantation

Well, we showed up at Plimoth Plantation Friday morning, and cars were lined up forever trying to get in. We were confused, because we had been there earlier in the week and there was hardly anyone there!

Turns out it was "free fun friday". So, we didn't have to pay to get in, but we had to deal with crowds and busloads.

Here are some photos of the plantation. I forgot my camera, DUH! So, these are all from my cell phone.

Boy, did they live primitively. Jeff bought me a basket making kit in the gift shop. We'll see how that goes!

Here is a 13 pound lobster....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV-uIDY0V-g

What the dogs are going to miss the most.....

....following the food lady (AKA, my mom)around and getting to eat pulled pork, cheese, fried eggs, and whatever else I don't know about. All I know, if the food lady was in the kitchen, Misty & Oreo were there too.

See you when we get home! Thanks for coming along on vacation with us!

8 comments:

Ricky the Sheltie said...

I would miss the food lady part too the most! I follow my grandma around every time I am at her house because she is always cooking something good!

That is an enormous lobster!

Have a safe trip home and thanks for taking us along on your vacation (vicariously)! Next time we want to come along literally!

LauraK said...

Thanks for sharing your vacation with us- I thoroughly enjoyed it :)

Have a safe journey home!

Dawn said...

LOVED going on vacation with you! You did the best things! I think the dogs are going to miss all of it (especially the food lady) but they will also be glad to be home, as long as you are there too!

You make me want to try taking Katie with us sometime. Hmmm.....I'm missing her, and her dad while I'm on my mini southern vacation. She would have like it here. I think.

madcobug said...

Your phone sure takes great pictures. I would follow the food lady to if I got good treats LOL. I have enjoyed seeing your vacation pictures. Helen

Kathy said...

the village looked really cool, I would love to see that in person. That looked like a great vacation, it must be sad to have it ending, looks like Oreo and Misty will miss being on vacation with the food lady, hahahhaha.

betty said...

Thanks for the photos. We enjoyed every frame along the way. We are thrilled to see the "food lady"
in action. She is terrific!

Greg S said...

Neat! We went there on a field trip growing up (grew up in southern Mass.) It was a cool experience for a kid - I think I was in 3rd or 4th grade.
Looks like you had a great vacation!

Marie said...

Thanks for taking all of us along with you on your vacation. I hope the basket weaving goes well. You'll have to take a picture and show us how it turns out!