Friday, July 9, 2010

I'll stop whining

OK, I'll stop whining about the heat.

Just look at what this warm weather has brought to my local farmer's market:


Yum! This is what makes summer so grand...the fresh food! Sweet corn, berries and turnovers filled with fresh cherries and blueberries! I've been waiting for months to have one. They are so delicious (I'm all about the icing).


No more buying produce that says "product of Thailand", at least for a few months.

And I don't know why I bothered giving Oreo a bath yesterday. He hadn't even dried off yet, and look at his nose:
IMAG0084

It's a good thing he is cute. The little rascal.



There have been many pet products recalled this week. I thought I'd share, just in case you hadn't seen them:




7 comments:

Dawn said...

Yum! I love local stuff! Especially local frosting! LOL

Oreo, Oreo...just got to get that perfect hole dug, right!? Bet the bath felt good even if it didn't keep you clean!

Thanks for the recall info!

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Local frosting - LOL! Too funny! But we love all the local produce too. Grandpa and grandma have a garden and they have been supplying us with lots of cukes and zukes so far. FREE local produce is even better - :)

LauraK said...

Wow what gorgeous produce! There's nothing better than fresh produce in the summer :) And those turnovers look fantastic!

Oreo is such a cutie! It's a little scary how many recalls there are- what is this world coming to? Thankfully, I don't use any of those, but thank you for sharing with us. Stay cool!

Diana said...

Oreo is so cute with a dirty face. LOL Diana

AC said...

mmmmm...produce...That's been the bummer about our cool weather-our garden isn't too happy.

Summer produce is probably the best thing about the season. I get painfully excited over the fist arrival of peaches and corn at the farmer's market.

Oh Oreo, you're too cute. Just having some summer fun!

Kathy said...

LOVE the fresh stuff available this time of year, especially the corn on the cob, berries and peaches, ummm.

My pack says they are very proud of Oreo, they try very hard to get all dirty before they get dried from their baths, and it looks like he does well in that endeaver. Good Job~

Ludo van Doggy said...

Yum! I love all the fresh veg at the moment!
lol, Ludo liked Oreo's choice of tricks. That's what he likes to do too.
~Dee