Tuesday, June 29, 2010

tricky t-day ~ limp 2

I wasn't planning on having a tricky t-day this week, but Oreo surprised me the day before we left for vacation! Out of the blue (ok, months of practice)he started doing "limp" without the support of my hand! Quite the accomplishment. He's only taking one step, but I think we are on our way.

After Oreo did it 3 times, I knew it wasn't a fluke. Oreo had had the lightbulb moment. He knew what I wanted him to do. Finally!

I yelled to Jeff, "You have to come video this!" Luckily, we got a couple good ones, before Oreo's brain was fried and he was back to his default cross paws.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHmBY92OGQk

To Be Continued.......

9 comments:

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Wow! That's totally awesome!!!!! I am no where near taking a step without support! Oreo is really doing it! Trying to use Misty as a crutch is so so cute! Job well done you guys!

Kathy said...

wow, it really looks like he is on his way, that was too funny how he tried to use Misty as a crutch, he is a smart one!

AC said...

I can't believe you taught Oreo to limp! I started thinking about how I'd teach the progression of that to Kona and quickly realized it's waaay over our heads! Nice work.

Dawn said...

Wow! Such a smartie-pants! And improvising with Misty, too cute!

Have no idea how he finally figured this out, but hooray!

Priscilla said...

Impressive! Oreo has certainly got the hang of it!!

Connie said...

They are so adorable,even without doing any thricks.

Diana said...

Very cute trick!! Diana

betty said...

Sara, Oreo limping is amazing! Oreo leaning on Misty is so, so cute. I had to watch the video twice since smiling is so good for our health.

Marie said...

Wow! Oreo's limp looks great. hmmm...seems odd to say that. But it really does. I'm so impressed.