Friday, May 14, 2010

digging holes

This week's wordless Wednesday photos featured Oreo digging a hole, one of his favorite past times. He likes to find tree roots to chew on, but then bores quite easily. I think he enjoys the digging more than the chewing. None of my other shelties have ever shown interest in digging.

Oh how your captions made me laugh. Every time I opened a comment, I thought, "That's my winner! No, that's my winner. No, this one. How can I choose?"

I opened up Ricky's comment while I was at work, started giggling, and couldn't stop smiling. My co-workers smiled back, but had no clue what was going on. It was like I had a secret I wouldn't share with them. How juvenile. How fun.

This week's gold star winner is KATHY!
Humm....what this yard needs is a hole
It is a lot of work, but I like to help out when I can.
THERE, now the yard looks perfect,
check it out Mom-
I got the yard just right now,
no need to thank me, it was a pleasure.
Super job Kathy!

You were the only one who made a caption for each photo. I had to give you extra credit, for that! You did more work than the rest of your classmates. Plus, I do think Oreo believes he is doing me some sort of favor when he digs holes. He always looks at me in disgust when I fill them back up. Usually, he immediately digs the hole again.

Thanks to everyone who played. I think you all are showing huge signs of improvement in your creativity. Your comments help me get through "hump day", especially at this time of the school year when I have spring fever, and all I hear from my students is, "Why do we have to do work? We only have 18 more days of school left."

You can thank me later for helping to keep your brain active as you age.

7 comments:

Sam said...

Dang it, I missed this one. Congrats to Kathy on her Gold Star for her great comment!

Priscilla said...

Glad we made you happy LOL! Congrats Ricky, your comment made me laugh too!!

Diana said...

Great choice. Diana

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Congratulations to Kathy on her gold star captions! Very cute! I am really enjoying wordless wednesdays even more now that they're not so wordless!

Dawn said...

LOL! Congratulations Kathy!! I think Sara could put these all into a BOOK and SELL THEM!!!

Kathy said...

LOL, THANKS, I am honored. Oreo is such a cutie and has such an expressive face, it is fun to think of what he might be saying!

AC said...

Go Kathy! I get a good laugh out of everyone's captions too!