Thursday, May 13, 2010

back to our life

Oreo and I went back to school this week. There had been a DOCNA trial there this weekend. I told my teacher if the beginners jumpers course was still set up that would be a perfect place for us to start. We did it 3 times. This is our 3rd time, when we did the course in reverse. We set the bars at 4 inches, which seemed really, really low. Next week, we'll go up to 8 inches.

Oreo showed no signs of discomfort. I was the one to trip after the third jump. I'm such a dork.

Chilly, windy night, but it was so much fun running free on all that green grass.

Oreo was non stressed the whole night. However, it was just me, my teacher and one other person. Everyone else wimped out after being exhausted from the trial in extreme weather conditions. I'm so bummed we missed all the fun.

When we came home from agility class, Jeff said to Oreo, "Are you happy to be back to your life?"

Yes, we are.

12 comments:

Lian said...

I love your school, it looks so pretty in the background and the ground looks flat for running.

Oreo certainly enjoy his agility. He looks really good in the little video.

Can't wait until your next trial.

Bob said...

Hi Sara, its good to see you back in action and I'm sure Oreo took it all in his stride.

Priscilla said...

Looks like you had the great fun!!!
Oreo sure seems happy about it!!!

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Mom and I are both smiling from ear to ear! Wow - Oreo is running faster than ever through the course! He must be wondering why he can basically walk over the jumps. Bet he gets even faster when he can start jumping for real!

Diana said...

WhooHoo!! We are so happy for you and Oreo. You guys looked great out there. Diana

LauraK said...

I'm so happy for you two- and what a smooth, beautiful run that was! And my goodness the setting of your agility training place is beautiful! It's so great to see you two back in action- I'm sure you're pumped up about competing again :) All that hard work and patience paid off!

Dawn said...

Way to go Oreo! Enjoy your life!

new hip dad said...

good to see two athletes working together.

Kathy said...

It is GREAT to see Oreo back, and you guys looked great, very nice front crosses! Oreo looks like he was never gone.

AC said...

Yay!! Oreo looks so good! I don't think I've seen him look so relaxed in one of your agility videos before. He really looks at ease and happy to be out there.

Here's to continued getting back to life!

Sara said...

AC,
Oreo does tend to do better outdoors. Even so, I think he was more relaxed than I've seen him in a very long time. Hope it stays that way.

Dawn said...

Maybe all that therapy, water, acupuncture, massage etc made him realize that strange people and strange places aren't necessarily bad!