Thursday, April 22, 2010

we have a winner...

My sister, Marybeth, really liked Ricky's comment on my Wordless Wednesday post.

Here is what Ricky wrote:

Oreo is telling Misty a joke that she can't help but laugh at and then tries hard at the end to pretend that she didn't think it was funny!

Marybeth liked Ricky's comment so much, she thought I should have a weekly "caption this photo" contest.

What a great idea! Clearly, Ricky is the winner this week! Although, there were lots of good entries.

Unfortunately, since all my money is being spent on physical therapy for my overindulged dog, I have no prizes. So, you will just have to be OK with getting frequent praise, a gold star, and your name mentioned on my world famous blog.

The next time I post a wordless Wednesday photo, you too can earn a gold star. I know how you all secretly miss getting those gold stars on your papers like you did in elementary school. You'd peel the star off slowly, and stick it somewhere else....maybe on your cheek?

This one is for you Ricky. Great job! Very creative! Good storytelling!

11 comments:

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Gosh, thanks Sara and Marybeth! Glad you liked my comment so much that it inspired a contest! I am happy to be the first winner because I won without having the pressure of knowing that I was competing for anything let alone a gold star, lots of praise and getting my name in your blog! LOL! Thank you!

I love your new header photo - Oreo and Misty look beautiful with the red tulips!

betty said...

Congratulations to Ricky the Sheltie. Sara, this will be great fun. Gold stars are fun.

Sara said...

Congrats Ricky!

Dawn said...

Good job Ricky!!

Diana said...

LoL, what a good idea. Love the new header. Its beauitful!! Diana

AC said...

Go Ricky! (And great idea! I will work hard for that gold star next week. Kona got a gold star on her forehead on the last day of puppy kindergarten. I think it's time to earn mine=)

AC said...

I forgot to answer your question about mustard plants...I think they have a bitter, peppery taste. So not much like mustard!

Josie said...

Congratulations Ricky the Sheltie!!! Gold Stars are fun. And my mommy's name is Marybeth...just like your sister's. Hey..neat!!!

Sorry we missed your last couple of posts, Oreo and Misty. You've been on our minds though. Finally caught up by reading your last couple of posts. Nice "Chinese Food" story. How touching. And glad you and your hubby are feeling better too. And as for Oreo and his therapy. Well, that seems to be an ongoing road, which you will need to take for him to heal correctly. We're right here with you.

And boy are your pictures beautiful, but your subjects are perfect, so hey, how can you take a bad picture?? BOL!!!

Much Love,
Woofs,
Josie and Mr. Blues, Jr.

Priscilla said...

Woot for Ricky!! Congrats! Gold stars are fun!! Makes us feel like we're all back at school :)

LauraK said...

What a great idea! Guess we'll all have to get those creative juices flowing to earn that coveted gold star :) I love the new header picture, it's so "springy"!

Kathy said...

Love the new header and good job Rickys mom!