Thursday, March 4, 2010

you have to see this!

Jeff yelled to me in the kitchen on Sunday, "Come here, you have to see this!"

I figured he wanted me to watch some crash during a motorcycle race, an Olympic event, or perhaps he found some cute puppies on TV! Now that would have been worth moving away from reading all my favorite blogs.

No. He wanted me to see the EZ egg cracker infomercial.

I suffered through a few moments, mumbling about how lazy Americans have become, how I surely do NOT want to clean that thing, and tried to leave the room.

"Wait! Look what it does with the boiled eggs!"

Yea. I don't believe it works that easily. I tried to leave again to get back to my favorite past time, blogging....

"Wait! Look how it separates eggs!"

When have you ever had the need to separate an egg?

"Wait! You have to see how it scrambles the eggs before you crack them!" (unfortunately that nifty gadget is a "free bonus item", not included in this video I found, but usually things are "free" for a reason).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CB2MVZgt5Y&feature=player_embedded

Are you kidding me? I mean really. How hard is it to scramble an egg? Surely I don't need some battery operated tool.

Perhaps that was what excited Jeff the most. The "tool" aspect. Although, I think salesmen are simply the easiest sales on the planet.

OK, did I convince any of you to buy one?

12 comments:

Priscilla said...

LOL!

madcobug said...

Men can really get carried away by TV commercials. I myself don't use very many eggs. Order that then when Jeff has a special day coming up present it to him for his gift. Helen

Diana said...

Yea, it must have been the "tool" aspect. LoL Diana

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Wait a minute, everybody! You have to admit, it is kind of cool! LOL!

Joan said...

I could have used one of those this morning. And it would come in handy this afternoon when I am making 2 quiches. I sure hope I don't get any shells in those quiches! But, I sure don't want to store it or wash it!

Dawn said...

LOL. I agree with Helen...buy it for him for his birthday, and he can be in charge of breakfast from then on! (also the cleaning up of it!)

AC said...

I hate to admit that I've more than once started watching an infomercial only to find, ten minutes later, that I'm still watching. This is of course even when they've just repeated themselves over and over...

Ludo van Doggy said...

I want one! haha. Only for the boiled eggs though, I have to peel loads for work, for making egg mayonnaise and it's a pain!
I can't imagine it actually working that well though.

betty said...

No one got excited about the bacon divider. Maybe, like me, bacon is eaten but once a year - Mother's Day.

Kathy said...

How funny, you probably could crack a thousand eggs by the time you would find this tool in my kitchen each time I would want to use it, LOL. ALTHOUGH...we went out and got an omelot last weekend and there were shells in mine, so maybe I wish who ever made that omelot had this tool, LOL.

Lian said...

Look like a great tool! I wish they sell the tool in England!

Nicki said...

We were married all of a week when I had to institute the "never, ever, ever buy anything off TV rule."