Tuesday, March 23, 2010

tricky t-day ~ cover up

We've been working on our cover up in a blanket trick, and have made some progress. I'd like to teach Oreo to roll over while holding the blanket, but am not sure rolling over is good for him right now. We are just combining hold the blanket with his bang trick for now.

At the end of the video, you'll see a glimpse of the old, familiar Oreo lurking about. For now, patience.

Here is what we have so far:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FSwQg9rc68
My agility teacher emailed me some really clever ideas for sedentary tricks which we have begun working on. Hopefully by next week Oreo will be able to show off how smart he is!

I am hoping to get some more answers this week, from either the rehab vet and/or radiologist, regarding Oreo's condition. I don't feel like Oreo is getting worse, but I don't see a whole lot of improvement. Although, if you asked Oreo he'd say, "What is all the fuss about? Let's go outside and run as fast as we can! None of you can catch me!"

My vet did see something on his X-ray that we are looking into. I'll keep you posted as I find out more.

9 comments:

Kathy said...

Let us know what the vet says about the xray....
Oreo looks great, poor guy it must be hard for him to not be really busy all this time, so I am glad you found some good tricks to work on, bet that will make him very happy!

Lian said...

Oreo is so clever, I am sure as soon as you let him rolling over, the trick would be complete!

Hope he recovers soon. I know how you feel as I am in the same boat with Sing. Finger crossed for both boys!

Priscilla said...

What a clever boy!! Can't wait to see his new tricks for next week!
Much love to Oreo. Poor boy must be wondering why this is taking so long.

Jules said...

What a smart boy!

I hope the rehab vet has some answers for you (and a timetable :-) ).

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Great job on the cover up trick! Mom never thought about starting with bang! instead of roll over. That's a good idea! I'm still working on my cover up trick - I almost really did it one day!

Oreo does look like himself as he circled the table. If he could only tell you what is wrong... I hope you get some news this week and that is it all good news! ( I'm trying not to worry about what your vet saw in his x-ray). Take care, Sara, and hang in there! We're thinking about you guys all the time.

Diana said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for some positive answers. He looked good circling the table. LoL Just like Miley. Diana

Dawn said...

The circles look good...and I, like Ricky's Mom, am trying not to think about what might be on that x-ray!

Good luck Oreo! We all want to see you running and jumping as soon as it's safe!

Hugs to you from Katie-girl.

AC said...

Do keep us posted on any new news. I guess it's good that Oreo seems to want to play and do more. That seems to be a sign that he isn't in pain or feeling much discomfort.

His cover up trick is too cute. I like when he looks like he'd trying to hide his face during the middle of the video. It was good to see him prance around the table!

Honey the Great Dane said...

Oh wow, Oreo - you are such a fast learner! I've been learning that trick for months and still haven't got as far as you! (Although I admit, I haven't been practising lately!). I always drop the blanket from my mouth when I lie down on my side and my human can't work out how to get me to hold onto it while rolling onto my side! Seems I can't multi-task! :-)

Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane