Sunday, March 7, 2010

finding the sun

Yesterday, I was outside doing poop duty, came around the corner and spotted Misty doing this: I thought, hmmm. Why does 48 degrees feel so cold in October, yet really warm in March? Maybe Misty has the right idea.

I went to the shed, stepped over some agility jumps, tunnels, planters, hoses, and was able to dig out an Adirondack chair. I carried it to the deck, buried the legs in some snow, put Oreo in my lap, and we soaked up some much needed Vitamin D.

I thought about going back inside and grabbing my book to read, but decided to simply sit and listen to the babble of the creek behind me as the snow slowly melted....that is until Misty ruined my moment, barking whenever neighbors dared to drive up and down their driveway.

Misty always comes right back to her sunbeam though.

8 comments:

Diana said...

I was just thinking along the same lines the other day. Why does 50 sometimes seem warm and sometimes it feel freezing cold. Hmmm. Guiness and Roxy love to find sunbeams. Miley never looks for them and Mickey only sometimes. Diana

Honey the Great Dane said...

I'm just like you, Misty - my favourite thing in the world is to find a nice sunny spot and laze there all day! :-)

Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane

Dawn said...

What a great idea. Glad you just sat with them. Just sitting is something we don't do enough.

Priscilla said...

Beuatiful girl Misty :)

Kathy said...

That looks nice, Misty always knows how to make the most of any day!

madcobug said...

These two here hunt for sun beams also. Daisy has been outside laying on the warm deck some today.
Great pictures of Misty. Helen

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Mom and I did the same thing yesterday - sat in the sun in a chair!! 40 degrees and sun felt so good! Our winters here would be much easier if we just got to see and feel the sun more often!

Bob said...

You do right to take a well earned rest in the sun Sara.