Tuesday, February 16, 2010

tricky t-day ~ hoops take 2

About a week and a half ago, Oreo finally had his "A-HA" moment with the basketball hoop.

"Oh, you want me to put the ball, not my head, in the hoop? Well, why didn't you click so?"

There's no stopping him now. Except for his paw injury.

The best part of this video was shot at night last week, so the lighting is horrible. I was hoping to reshoot in the daylight yesterday, but didn't want Oreo jumping and rearing up on his back paw, so this will have to do for now.

Oreo really loves this game. I'm thrilled he is keeping an object in his mouth on cue. Of course, it's his ball, but still....
http://vimeo.com/9451424

I uploaded it 2 ways, just in case you can't watch vimeo videos for some reason.


Should I put the backboard on the hoop?

11 comments:

Kathy said...

SCORE!!!! 2 pts Oreo, what a great basketball player! What a cute trick!!! It looks like he really got into it.

Priscilla said...

This made me laugh. What a wonderful trick!!!

Diana said...

WhooHoo, awesome!! Diana

Ricky the Sheltie said...

That is totally awesome!!!!! You're right - the best part is that he is holding on to an object - now the sky is the limit on the new tricks he can learn with his "hold it" skill!

Now if I could just learn that skill too!

Dawn said...

Great trick!! Oreo is turning into a PRO!

Jules said...

WOW! Way to go, Oreo!

LauraK said...

that is awesome! And once again, I love the song choice- so perfect! Misty is so cute how she just watches you :) Maybe I should try this with Riley and Homer, they might like it!

Ludo van Doggy said...

Way to go Oreo! That's awesome!
It has gived Mum new hope that I will learn to hold things eventually!
~lickies, Ludo

madcobug said...

Awww, how cute he looks doing that. He is good too. Helen

AC said...

Oh I needed a good smile! Oreo really has it down. I love the music choice and the slow motion replay=)

It sounds like your pet store outing went well. I always feel better when Kona will take treats, even if it doesn't happen "right on cue." It's all slow going, but they're worth it. I mean, look at Oreo go with that basketball!!

Honey the Great Dane said...

Ooh - loved this video!! Especially the time you didn't pick up the ball, Oreo but just went and "dropped" nothing into the hoop anyway - ha! ha!

What a neat trick! Wonder if my human could teach me something similar...have to find a big tall hoop for me! :-)

Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane