Tuesday, February 23, 2010

tricky t-day ~ handstand practice

Clearly, we have not been doing many tricks this week, especially practicing handstands. However, I had videoed a whole trick session a few weeks ago, so I was able to edit together this video of Oreo's handstand progress. I've had to do a lot of luring with this trick, and he still raises one foot at a time for the most part. Maybe once his leg is feeling better we'll start back at the beginning and try to shape for both legs getting on a low box at the same time. I think that may be the only way we may ever get a true handstand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgIfiFsfCgA

Next week, I think Misty is going to have to come through for you with something! We'll see what she can come up with.

Oreo had his second laser treatment yesterday, which he really seems to love. Wish I could bring the machine home with me.

Oreo's still limping a bit, especially in the evening after getting up from laying down. Otherwise, he's very frustrated that we are not playing as usual, and tries to get me &/or Misty to play constantly.

9 comments:

Priscilla said...

Wow. Oreo is so food motivated. Its amazing what he will do for it :) Awesome handstand there!

Poor Oreo. I do hope he gets better soon.

Can't wait to see Misty's new tricks :)

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Great handstand progress! He's doing very well with the board - what did you use to make it non-slip? I am still working on my handstand too and can't get past using the board and just putting my feet up on the wall.

Hope Oreo is back to his normal self soon! I would hate to have my activity restricted so I know how he must feel!

Looking forward to Misty's trick next week!

Sara said...

Ricky, I taped some rubbery shelf liner stuff to the board. It works great.

Diana said...

awesome trick! Diana

Dawn said...

Very nice trick! I hope he feels all better soon. This is going to make him (and hence You!) nuts!

Jules said...

Very nice trick. I hope the laser and down time do their trick!

AC said...

Great trick and video! Again, love the music choice.

Glad Oreo's still likes the treatment and hope you're both able to hang in there while he heals. The whole resting process just isn't any fun for anyone.

Josie said...

Be careful not to overwork Oreo. I know he wants to play, but let his leg heal up. Sorry if I sound like a mom...just love your Border Collies so much...want him to heal up perfectly....don't let him frustrate you into playing "too" much.
More on Misty too. I just love her.
Much Love,
Woof Woof,
Josie

Kathy said...

Poor Oreo, this activity restriction has got to be confusing for him-I wish we could let them know it is for their own good. Oreo is quite the trickster, what a good boy!