Wednesday, February 10, 2010

frozen fun

Yesterday, I dug a few agility obstacles out of the shed, utilized the frozen to the ground teeter/table, and ran a few very short & easy sequences with Oreo.

Boy, does Oreo have drive when we do agility at home. For months, we haven't practiced agility at home, other than drop n' gos. I forgot how much he LOVES it.

This video was shot after our afternoon walk. Just goes to show a walk isn't enough to wear this dog out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCVdB6ku9X8

At the end of the video, I did notice his drive slow down after I brought him back to the tunnel to correct the poles. I never would have done that at school, league or trial. I won't do it at home again either. He's such a soft dog.

10 comments:

Jules said...

It is awesome that he is so unphased by the poles wobbling. Good boy, Oreo!

Sara said...

My poles always wobble, but they are 20 times worse in the cold. I had to put them back together after each run.

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Why do we have so much more snow than you do? I can barely trudge through it to go potty and you guys are out there doing tundra agility! Well, I'm happy for you - it looked like lots of fun! Crazy but fun! :)

Diana said...

WhooHoo looks like fun! And Oreo almost got that weave pole entry even after being body slammed by Misty. Now thats a well trainned dog!Diana

Dawn said...

He isn't worried about bobbing weave poles or rolling tunnels! You go boy!

AC said...

Look at Oreo go! He looks so at ease and enthusiastic. It seems with the wobbly weaves and tunnel, and the wobbly box from his last trick video, that Oreo isn't too motion sensitive. That's great, if that's the case!

Good for getting out, even in the cold.

Josie said...

Wooo Hoo, looks like a blast to Josie. Oreo is really good. I did notice the body slam too, totally unphased. Total Border Collie attention. Love it! You go Dog! Much LOVE. Woof Soon.

Sam said...

Great work. I giggled when Misty got in the way on your makeshift dog walk, almost as if to say, "Ya know, I think I'm up for some Agility in this cold weather, too.. especially for the treats..."

Kathy said...

That frozen teeter is a trip!!! Oreo looks terrific, look at him go!

madcobug said...

Great runs for Oreo. Misty poor thing would do that if she could. She can get those treats though LOL. Helen