Friday, February 12, 2010

fotoshoot friday

The days are finally getting noticeably longer. I find I'm able to squeeze in a walk, ball throwing, and even a short photo shoot after work.

Here are my favorites from this afternoon, Misty was my better model today.






We'll be off to agility class tomorrow. No league for the next two weekends.

I've been re-reading Control Unleashed. I've decided my "rate of reinforcement" is pathetic, especially around stressors. I've missed so many opportunities to reward my dog, or rather neglected to reward him.

Therefore, I've been charging my i-clicker with Oreo, because my electronic clicker goes kapluey when temps are below 50.

I'm bringing my i-clicker, lots of treats, and a new philosophy with me. We'll see how it goes.

Oh yea, and we'll be entering our first Teacup trial in April! It will be held in our agility building. How cool is that? Oreo will be one of the biggest dogs there! I really think it will be a fun venue.

5 comments:

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Yes, the days are getting noticeably longer - now if the snow would melt! I feel like we'll never see bare ground again!

Mom has been rereading Control Unleashed too! She is very interested in the Look at That game and dreams of a day when I could look at a car and look back at her for a treat and ignore the car! She has trouble with her rate of reinforcement too.

Teacup sounds fun! Oreo will feel like a giant!

Dawn said...

Praise praise praise! That's what I remember hearing from my original classes..but I don't do it enough either. We get so involved in the task of jumping and running and stuff that we sometimes forget to stop and say "GOOD JOB!"

Teacup trial sounds fun! And cute!

LauraK said...

Cute pictures! Have a fun class this weekend, and click away!

Sam said...

I noticed the same thing about the days getting longer. It's nice, isn't it? More time for doggy stuff.

Can't wait to hear all about class tomorrow!

Diana said...

Yes, Im so happy the days are getting longer. I can get a good walk in before worry that its getting dark.

Good job noticing your rate of reinforcment.

Teacup trails look fun. Diana