Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tricky T-day - in a box

Since I do almost all my shopping online, I have a lot of cardboard boxes lying around. I decided to use three different sized ones for some activities with Oreo.

I started with a big box, then went down to the smallest. I tried to get Oreo to jump in and sit. It has been fun watching what sorts of things he'd rather do than jump in and sit. His favorite being, put his 2 front paws in, bow and hide his face. It is really quite charming. I think he is taking that from his "say your prayers" trick. Isn't it funny how dogs can ad lib?

Anyhow, here is our video of the week. After my Saturday post about the excessive cardboard box, I thought I'd keep the theme going. In the end, Oreo learned the trick, but I'm not convinced his butt was in the smallest box. Hard to tell with all that fur. I gave him credit anyway.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gt2lEZDPeQ
I know this isn't much of a trick, but when it's too cold outside you've got to do SOMETHING. Plus, I had the perfect song to go with the trick.

If you make it to the end of the video, you'll see a glimpse of the double dog wave we've been working on.

9 comments:

Diana said...

I dont know if you read this person's blog , but here is the link http://jenilees-long-way.blogspot.com/



Its Monday Jan 11th post. Diana

Ricky the Sheltie said...

How do you find such perfect music? Living in a cardboard box - just too funny! Love Oreo's trick - he is so cute especially at the end when he wants to keep going. And the double wave is darling! Awesome job!

Dawn said...

Great trick! Of COURSE I made it to the end of the video! (With the sound off of course cause Katie is sleeping. Still the princess.)

betty said...

Oreo in the small, smaller, smallest boxes was fun. He is so clever. I love the double wave, too. Their love of tricky day treats keeps me laughing.

Sara said...

Diana,
Thanks for that link. Always nice to know I'm not alone!

madcobug said...

That looked like so much fun. The double wave at the end was cute. Helen

LauraK said...

how fun! the song is great :)

Ludo van Doggy said...

Now alls you need to do is parcel him up and send him off to me! I will send you Auntie Penny. hehehe!
Well done Oreo! And Misty on the wave too!
Mum wants to know where you get all your good songs from!
~lickies, Ludo

Kathy said...

PERFECT MUSIC, and to me that is the sign of a GREAT trainer and a GREAT dog, training time is over and the dog is still begging for more! I love the little box with Oreo trying so hard to get his whole self in there and sit, whoo hooo-you guys ROCK!