Thursday, December 10, 2009

What a Treat!

Having a surprise day off was a real treat.

The dogs were so excited to have new, fluffy snow to play in during the morning.
It is funny how it energized them. They ran their butts off, then were ready for a long winter's nap.

I was able to get a lot of stuff done! I baked some carob chip cookies for our dog friends. The cup of molasses gives it that rich color!
Got some gift wrapping done. Read a few pages of a book. Caught up on some TiVo. Did a small amount of housework (that can always wait!).

No agility class this week. I let Jeff take my car to work, since he doesn't have 4 wheel drive (yet!). My teacher cancelled class anyway!
I can't remember the last time I spent the whole day at home. Must have been during summer vacation. Huh.

We only got a few inches. Maybe 4? That's just a little more than a dusting! Not sure why we had the day off. There were lots of traffic back ups and spin outs though. People seem to forget how to drive in the snow over the summer. First storm, in rush hour traffic, always causes havoc.

Next storm, everyone will be back to normal! We just needed a refresher course in northeast winter driving 101.

9 comments:

madcobug said...

Those cookies looks good enough to eat. If we got four inches of snow I would think we had a lot LOL. Helen

Dawn said...

Unexpected days off are always wonderful! I bet the pups were happy to have you to themselves all day!

new hip dad said...

we got more than 4 inches in latham. they predicted 2-4 but it was more like 7. I prefer more than 4 since that triggers our plow guy to come and clean off the snow. I missed my first class because our roads were not plowed until about 11:30

Jules said...

Sounds like you and the dogs had a lovely day off. (Very jealous here!) I hope they got to taste test the cookies! ;-)

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Are you sure those cookies are dog cookies - mom wants to know!

LauraK said...

sounds like you had a fun day! It's always nice to stay home and be productive :) We didn't have class yesterday either because of the cold and ice.

Kathy said...

The snow is soooo pretty and that just sounds like the most wonderful day, I bet the dogs LOVED it! Those cookies look yummy, where did you find the receipe?

Sara said...

Ricky,
I assure you it is a "dog recipe".

Kathy,
I got the recipe out of a 3 dog bakery cookbook. I'll post the recipe tomorrow, just in case anyone else wants to bake for some pups.

Ludo van Doggy said...

Yum! Very nice looking treats! We cannot buy carob chips anywhere over here, it a pain! We has the powder though.
Sounds like you had a nice day.
~lickies, Ludo