Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Tricky T-day ~ Misty's Day

As promised, Misty is the star this week.

Since I had a bunch of boiled chicken for Oreo's sore tummy, I thought I would use that as Misty's reward. Figured it would get her focused and working hard.

Yeah. It backfired. She was focused.....on THE FOOD.

I was a bit disappointed in her performance, she was slow and distracted, but sweet as usual.

Here she is doing figure eights, leg weaves and a trick she created herself. I have to be very careful when doing leg weaves with her. If I pick my back leg up too soon, she gets scared and runs away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3b5bpcDQks



Thank you for all your get well wishes for Oreo. As you can see in the video, despite being under the weather, Oreo still hasn't lost spunk. Of course, he was tied to the coffee table!

13 comments:

Lian said...

Well done Misty! She is such a sweetheart!

Sam said...

Don't you hate it when high-value rewards backfire? My beginner obedience instructors always used to say to not feed dogs before class. However, I knew that if I didn't give Marge any dinner, I'd have a food-crazed dog that wouldn't want to work at all.

In any case, Misty looks like she did just fine! It looks like hard work, especially the leg weaves.

Dad said...

I am so glad that things are looking a little better. I think that Misty is so sweet.proving that there is work to do even in our old age, I have proved that myself. DAD

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Misty did great in her tricky t-day video! Good for her! I love chicken and lose it a little when doing tricks so I don't blame her for being most interested in the pile of chicken! A dog has to have priorities!

Is Oreo better? I sure hope so.

Diana said...

Well done Misty! Diana

Sara said...

Oreo is acting like is regular self. I'm just hoping he takes a nice solid poop today! LOL.

Jules said...

Yay, Misty. What a sweetie-pie.

madcobug said...

Misty did really well. Good girl. Oreo couldn't hardly stand it because he could get in on the action. Poor thing. I hope he gets well soon. I am glad that you are feeling better. Helen

new hip dad said...

perfect music

Kathy said...

GOOD JOB Misty!! She is the sweetest girl for sure, she looks like she really likes the trick she made up, very cute.

betty said...

Misty is a precious girl! She makes me smile and luagh. We're all pleased that Oreo is getting better and that you are, too.

Cool Design Shelties said...

Misty is such a sweetheart! :o)

//Bente

Dawn said...

Yea Misty! Such a sweetie! I get the chicken thing, Katie is the same way, nearly snapping off my fingers in class if she didn't get some dinner before we go!

Glad Oreo is feeling some better. Hope things get solidly better...if you know what I mean!