Wednesday, December 9, 2009

special delivery

Oreo's 3rd birthday is coming up, and he got his first gift in the mail! It came all the way from Hawaii! That's where our Aunt Betty lives.


I had no idea opening a box could prove to be so entertaining. This is a ridiculously long video, I promise I won't be insulted if you don't watch! I knew my Aunt Betty would love to see it though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxwDw3albBA

Inside the box was a beautiful dog blanket from Barking Dog Blankets in Hawaii. The fabric is Hawaiian florals, black & white on one side and blues on the other. The piping around the outside is dogbones! Too cute!

We will definitely be using this in our travels. It is perfect for putting in crates, play pens, and over car seats. The reversibility factor is a real plus! Half the washings necessary! Can't wait for everyone to say, "Where did you get that?"


In the video, Oreo may have seemed more interested in the wrappings than the blanket. However, once I removed the box, tissue and raffia, Oreo curled up on the folded blanket and took a nice nap!Thanks Aunt Betty! Oreo loves his new blankie. Every scaredy dog should have their own security blanket.

7 comments:

betty said...

You're welcome, Oreo. I thought you could use it in your crate. Sara, when is Misty's birthday. She really needs a Barking Dog Blanket, too. Until then, I hope they can share.

Lian said...

Happy Birthday Oreo in advance!

That blanket is so beautiful and Misty is so funny!

Diana said...

what a thoughtful aunt and a beautful blanket. I dont think my relatives have ever given my dogs any gifts, lol. Diana

Ricky the Sheltie said...

That's a beautiful blanket and such a thoughtful gift! Oreo and Misty keep looking at you and wondering where the treat is for participating in opening and trying out the gift! Very cute!

new hip dad said...

what I noticed was the munchie paw grabbing hands for misty to be petted. don't think I have ever seen her do that before.

LauraK said...

that is a really cute blanket! My grandma sends our animals gifts all the time- she loves being Santa Paws at Christmas :) It's great to have people that love your animals!

MOM said...

The video was fun to watch. Oreo was opening the gift one bite at a time. He is so cute. I wonder if the blanket has a special scent or if it is just so comfy. Oreo is definitely loving it. Barking Dog does have a web site for other dogs who just might need one: http://www.1000markets.com/users/wwwbarkingdogblankets/collections/11815