Friday, December 11, 2009

recipe

Here is the recipe for the carob chip cookies I make for my dogs:

3 cups flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1 cup molasses
1 cup canola oil
2 eggs
1 tbls vanilla
10 oz. pkg carob chips (I find these in the organic section of my grocery store)

Mix molasses & oil. Add eggs and vanilla. Add dry ingredients. Stir in carob chips.

Drop dough by rounded tsp on ungreased baking sheet. (I use parchment paper on my air bake pans. I swear by my air bake cookie sheets!)
Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.

Makes 4-5 dozen.

Let cool....that's the torturous part!

My dogs love them. Here are two different ways to eat them:

I guess you could eat them yourself if you wanted, but I make it a practice to only eat cookies made with at least a pound of butter.

9 comments:

Diana said...

Look like the dogs love them. Diana

Ricky the Sheltie said...

I'm surprised that Oreo wasn't running circles around you while he was waiting! :)

Thanks for sharing the recipe!

madcobug said...

You can tell they both love them. Makes me think of these two here when they get a treat. They both go in different directions. Patches into the den and Daisy into the living room or hallway. Helen

Dawn said...

Katie would be more like Misty. Cookie gone immediately. In case there was the option for a second. Wouldn't want to miss out you know.

Sam said...

Hah! Love the bound of butter comment.

I've never baked for Marge. I'm not much of a cook, but maybe this is something I could throw together one cold and stormy day after my equally cold and stormy college exams are over.

betty said...

I love parchment paper. Now, I have to check out what an air bake pan is. Yummy cookies. We can tell by Oreo and Misty's expressions.

Kathy said...

THANKS so much for posting the receipe, and that is the best recipe I have ever seen posted because we got to see the results. I could feel the excitement in the air as we all had to watch those cookies cool...that does have to be the hardest part, and it sure looks like Oreo and Misty give the cookies a big paws up! I am going to make them for my pups and let them know they have you to thank for their treats!

Cool Design Shelties said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe! Those cookies will be baked here some day :o)

//Bente

Lian said...

Yummy! we want some!!!