Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Oreo update

Boy does Oreo feel loved. Thanks again for all your concern about Oreo's health. He is feeling great now!

Big thanks to Laura for suggesting the pumpkin. I've used that with Misty before, but never thought to use it when Oreo has tummy problems. Honestly, I didn't think he'd eat it.

Wrong! Oreo loved the pumpkin, and after I started mixing it in with the chicken/rice, he really started getting better.

I'll be keeping a couple cans in my cupboard from now on.

Add some pedialyte (delivered via syringe), and I've nursed my dog back to health! Whew. It has been a long couple weeks between the two of us being sick.

Our agility plan for this week was class on Wednesday, run thrus at trial site Thursday, CPE trial on Saturday.

I may skip class tonight and just do the run thrus tomorrow. I'm still not feeling 100%, and I think I need to get some nutrients in Oreo's system.

Unfortunately, storms are in the forecast. Hopefully, they don't ruin any of our fun! I feel like we haven't done agility in FOREVER! I think its been a week and a half! I pulled our weave poles out today to see if Oreo remembered how to do them, and he went super fast. So, I'm not worried about being unprepared for our trial. Oreo knows his stuff. Maybe the time off has been good.

9 comments:

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Glad Oreo is better (and you too!). I eat pumpkin every day to help keep my tummy feeling good. I just didn't think to tell you about it. I get this kind called Fruitables which is pumpkin plus some other stuff for dogs. Around a heaping teaspoon with breakfast and another with dinner. I think it tastes great and it seems to really help me.

madcobug said...

I am so glad that Oreo is feeling so much better, I have never heard that about pumpkin. Must have a lot of healing power to it. I hope you get to feeling a lot better soon. Helen

Kathy said...

so glad Oreo is feeling better, I have always fed pumpkin to my dogs on a regular basis, it helps with constipation and diarrhea and I was at a Dr. Dodds seminar and she was talking about cutting down cancer risk if dogs have a yellow or orange veggie a couple of times a week, but with the pumpkin problems and pumpkin shortage it has been so expensive and so hard to find but they all love it
YEA Oreo, doing his weaves super fast, he knows he is ready ;-), good luck at the trial!

LauraK said...

I'm so glad he's feeling better, and you too! Being sick is the pits. Good luck at your run-thrus and trial this weekend, looking forward to hearing about it!

Diana said...

Im so glad Oreo is feeling better. I hope you feel better soon. Diana

Dawn said...

Pumpkin! Such things I learn from reading blogs! Glad Oreo's feeling better, hope you both feel 100% by the weekend! Good luck with the fun runs and the trial!

Lian said...

Glad Oreo is better. He looks very cute in the picture.

We wish you a Happy, Prosperous and Successful 2010!

betty said...

Have a Healthy, Happy New Year.
2010 is the Year of the Tiger.
What fun that Oreo and Misty's cousins are visiting. They can show thier tricks. I think
the little guy might want to play "jump over Aunt Sara," too.
PS I just noticed that Misty was born in a Tiger year.

Sara said...

Year of the Tiger? Well, I sure hope its a better year for my boy, Tiger Woods.