Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I've become one of "those people"

Yes, it's official. I've become one of "those people". The crazy dog people who put stickers on their car.

When you spend several days a week schlepping dogs around in your car, a weird sensation comes over you. It makes you buy dog stickers and adhere them to your car. Perhaps they are a way to explain the slobber all over your windows, and muddy prints all over the seats, dash board, emergency brake lever, door panels and steering wheel.

No, Oreo doesn't drive the car, but he likes to sit in the driver's seat when he's alone in the car (when the car is in motion, he is seatbelted in the back seat). Oreo also likes to push the button that puts the car in all wheel drive. Every time I'm about to leave an agility event, I notice the light on my dash indicating I'm in "AWD" mode. Guess Oreo likes it when we go off roadin'. So glad I taught him that "easy button" trick.

"We don't know what you're talking about! We are angels in the car. We always wipe our feet before hopping in too!"
Honestly, I can't believe it took me this long to get a sticker!

Now, I really want one of those "my sheltie is smarter than your honor student" stickers, because it is soooooooo true!

9 comments:

Diana said...

Welcome to the club. Diana

LauraK said...

haha I love it! I just have a simple paw print on my car, since I don't really have a breed...yet! I think it's ok to be one of "those people" as long as you don't go overboard and have like 20 stickers. I think that is a bit over the top! And I totally agree that shelties are smarter than honor students :)

Sam said...

I'm giggling at your post because I know my time is coming soon for this very thing. Though I don't like bumper stickers because of how permanent they are, I do like magnets and plastic window stickies.

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later - LOL! At least it's a very tasteful sticker!

betty said...

I'm amazed. I was sure you already had a cute Sheltie sticker.

Kathy said...

I was sooooo sad when my car got wrecked and the back windows were smashed, because all my agility and dog stickers got smashed too ;-(, I am still trying to replace, but I did put in an order today for an agility sticker from Clean Run, now I need to find a sheltie sticker and a border collie sticker and I can feel whole again......LOL

Nicki said...

Yeah. I got stickers. Welcome!

Ludo van Doggy said...

It had to happen sooner or later. :p

Dawn said...

I think we have the honor of having shelties in our lives..so we might as well flaunt it! I'm sitting here in a parking lot in Dadeville AL laughing out loud at the part where Oreo pushes the button for 4WD. Such a smart boy! :)