Thursday, November 19, 2009

what's that smell?

On Sunday, Jeff was moving my car from the driveway into the garage.

When Jeff came back inside he said, "Your car smells so bad. I gagged when I got in it. Something must have crawled in there and died."

I laughed. Told him it was due to Saturday being so soggy. I was in/out of the car at our agility league, with muddy shoes and wet dogs. The car just needed to air out and dry. It happens every winter.

He said, "No. This is serious. You need to search your car. Something is in there rotting. You need to find it...blah, blah, blah. If you're not going to do it, I'll have to."

Whatever. You're so overreacting. Stop exaggerating.

I get in my car the next morning.

Hmmm. Smells pretty bad. Guess I'll leave my windows open while I'm at work. Give it some fresh air.

Kept them open in the garage that night.

Next morning, no bad odor. Problem solved.

Shut the windows during the day at work.

MISTAKE!

GAG!!!!

What is that smell?

Something must have crawled in my car and died!

I start thinking about what it could be.

Food? No. Dog puke? No.

What could possibly make my car smell this bad?

Uh oh.

What did I do with the poop bag on Saturday while we were at our league match? I vaguely recollect putting it on the ground by my car. Seeing a garbage bin with disposed poop bags, thinking, "Oh, I can put the poop bag in there." But did I?

Or, did I put it in my trunk to bring home to throw out, like I do at our agility school sometimes?

I think I threw it out.

Right?

Did I leave a poop bag in my car since my last class at my agility school....over a week ago?

No, I couldn't have.

Right? I would have seen it.

I get home. Open my trunk, and what do I find?

A lovely environmentally responsible, biodegradable poop bag, that is now biodegrading in my trunk.

I call Jeff and tell him I found the odor source.

Jeff thinks he deserves an apology.

I think I deserve a medal for solving the mystery!

Oh poop. I guess he was right....this time.

8 comments:

Diana said...

This had me rolling laughing. Lol Diana

Ricky the Sheltie said...

This post is a classic!!! You wrote the story perfectly and you are so darn funny!!!

madcobug said...

UGGG bet that did smell awful. Glad you found the source. Those dogs could smell it even more than you two did they have such sensitive noses. That is if they got back in the car after the incident happened. Helen

new hip dad said...

well he was not exactly right. it wasn't that something had died in the car. but he was right that it had to be found and disposed.

Rohan Shelties said...

LOL, I am SO GLAD Im not the only one who has done this!!! I'll be walking the ladies some where where there are no trash cans (yet signs all over asking people to please pick up the poo...) so I truck it home to dispose of...

And then the next day when I get in the square to go to work Im wondering the same thing...whats that smell?!?!?!
Sheltie Hugs!

Heidi, Shelby and Sheltie-Mom Jenn

Sam said...

From here, that's a really funny story, but I SOOO wouldn't be happy if it was in my car!

Kathy said...

That is very funny ;-).

Nicki said...

Funny. But gross.