Tuesday, November 3, 2009

tricky t-day.....trick or treats?

OK, so I got nothing this week for tricky t-day, due to the fact that I was away visiting my sister and nephews. Does going trick or treating count?

Here are a few photos from our weekend, which unfortunately was quite rainy.


Oreo behaving in the car.


Here is Oreo keeping his distance from very cute, yet unpredictable 3 year old. Who seems to be enjoying the video game the most in this photo? I don't think it is someone in a green shirt.

Misty tries to get in on the action, hoping the cute, unpredictable 3 year old may spill some food on the ground. Misty makes a great "hoover". She enjoyed doing a lot of vacuuming this weekend.
My clever, smart, and super creative 7 year old nephew came up with his own idea for a costume....a mix of the two teams playing the world series. Half Yankees/half Phillies. He even had on one red sock and one blue sock. He drew quite a bit of attention while out trick or treating, in a neighborhood that was blanketed with "Go Phillies" signs.

We heard lots of, "Did you see that kid's costume?" As people walked past us.

I wanted to say, "Yea, he's with us!!!! Isn't he fabulous?"

We even had a run in with Uncle Sam. That's my 3 year old nephew in the batman costume looking waaaaaay up.

So no tricks, but I hope you enjoyed the treats.

10 comments:

betty said...

Jeff, the boys, Oreo and Misty have treated us to big smiles.

madcobug said...

Great Pictures, cute costumes. Glad that you, Jeff and the pups went to be with your sister and her family. Helen

Diana said...

Looks like fun was had by everyone. Im glad you back , I was going thur withdrawal. Lol Diana

Ricky the Sheltie said...

I did enjoy the treats but not as much as I enjoy the tricks :)

Glad you got to go and spend some time with your sister and her boys! I hope they are doing ok.

I agree with Diana - I'm glad you're back and I missed you guys!

Dawn said...

Me too, missed you and enjoyed the photos! The boys are so cute!

Kathy said...

GREAT PICTURES, it sounds like a fun halloween. I think it is fun to have some kids to hang around for Halloween, glad you all got to see some great costumes, get some spilled treats and do some trick or treating

betty said...

How clever of your first nephew to be the "World Series" for Halloween!

new hip dad said...

the difference between men and boys are the cost of their toys but the they seem to be converging

Honey the Great Dane said...

Even though we don't really celebrate Halloween here in NZ, we're really enjoying reading about all the things our American blog friends are doing!

LauraK said...

Sounds like you had a good time, and the dogs did too :) I love that boy's Halloween costume- what a great idea!