Tuesday, November 17, 2009

tricky t-day~say your prayers

Sometimes we happen to be working on the same tricks as Ricky, sometimes we steal ideas from him! This is a stolen idea. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right?

I had to put a piece of rubber shelf liner on my bench, because the dogs were scratching the heck out of the wood as we practiced this trick.

Here is Oreo "saying his prayers". I dare you not to smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xstbb0y1fE
I honestly don't know how I can top this video. It was very difficult to get a good camera angle on this trick to show Oreo in all his cuteness, but I just love how he puts his head between his paws, and, well, pauses in thought.

Thanks for the idea Ricky! This has been a fun one to train. As you can see, Oreo has taken his own creative license with it.

11 comments:

betty said...

How precious! Oreo can say Grace at your Mom's Thanksgiving Feast.

Lian said...

That's lovely prayer from Oreo. I am sure Santa will grant him whatever he wishes for. So cute!

Cool Design Shelties said...

I lost!! I smiled all over the face ;o)))

He is so cute :o)

//Bente

Ricky the Sheltie said...

I love Oreo's version of saying his prayers! He is sooooooooo cute! You're absolutely right - it's impossible not to smile!

I'm glad you liked the trick idea, but I didn't think it up on my own, of course. I'm just copying someone else! If we didn't have blogging, YouTube and the internet, we'd still be learning sit and down! :) I totally love the internet dog training community - so much inspiration and creativity out there!

Diana said...

OMG , way to cute. How he bends all the way down and gets his head in there. Love it! Diana

LauraK said...

that's adorable! I love how he pauses like he's really praying. It's so cute how Misty just stares at you. Can she say her prayers too?

madcobug said...

Oreo really gets into saying those prayers. He looks so cute. Misty looks so interested like she wants to join in. Helen

Dawn said...

Misty is like "HEY MOME! I've got stuff to pray about too!" I saw her little foot paw at you! LOL! And Oreo, OH MY! He is so CUTE! Being the more mischievous one I imagine he has more to pray about!

Kathy said...

THAT IS SO CUTE, and I love the video and music, very cute. Oreo you are a star!

Sara said...

Oh I see I have Misty fans that want to see Misty say her prayers too. I'll post a video of her "prayers" too. They'll make you smile for a different reason.

Honey the Great Dane said...

Aw...that is just the CUTEST thing!!! My human wants to try and teach me this one too - although it's a bit hard to find something for me to put my paws on...and am not sure I can get my head down at that angle, given my size...but we're gonna try! :-)

(You didn't put the early steps of how you learnt this trick, Oreo - do you mind telling me what steps you did? Especially after you learnt to put your paws on the legde, how did your human teach you to put your head between them?)

Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane