Tuesday, November 24, 2009

tricky t-day~FINALLY!

Finally! Misty can do the elephant trick without me walking around in circles with her! This has taken us a year to get to this point. I'm thrilled. No longer do I have to suffer from dizziness and headaches training this trick with her.

This trick is supposed to create "rear end awareness" in dogs. I am not convinced Misty is aware of her rear end as a result of this trick. I know she likes me to scratch her rear end, but she liked that years ago.

Still, she wags her tail throughout the whole trick, and what more could I ask for.
video

9 comments:

betty said...

Bravo Misty! I love her cute, wagging tail.

Lian said...

Ah! so sweet! Well done Misty!

Ricky the Sheltie said...

WooHoo - look at Misty go! She does a great elephant trick! I don't know how she ever learns anything with Oreo running circles around her. She is a saint!

Don't tell anyone but I can't go all the way around unless mom walks with me - so Misty is definitely one-up on me!

madcobug said...

Well done for both of them. It just takes Misty longer because of her age I believe. That would make me dizzy going round like that. I wonder if it does dogs? Have a nice Tuesday. Helen

Dawn said...

Way to go Misty!!!!!! You are so clever, and so good at ignoring that Oreo when you're working for TREATS! I think you are very aware of your rear end, aren't all of us girls aware! We just choose to ignore it most of the time!

Cool Design Shelties said...

Way to go Misty....she is so sweet and charming :o)

//Bente

Kathy said...

That is so cool, your dogs do the greatest tricks. I want to teach this trick to my dogs. That is neat as Misty does it more and more I think it sure looks like she is more aware of how she is moving her back end, too cool!

Sam said...

That's wonderful. I've found that I'm not really much of a trick trainer.. so I'm always impressed by cool things like this!

Honey the Great Dane said...

YAY! Way to go, Misty!! As a "slow" dog myself, I really appreciate your achievements!! :-)

My human started to teach me that trick too although we haven't progressed very far - partly coz it's difficult for her coz her arm isn't long enough to help me around, while she stands in one place, coz I'm very big and long! Hee! Hee! Maybe in another year, we'll get there!