Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

What I am thankful for:

~My family - You are my support system, my role models, and my biggest fan club. There is no one I'd rather spend time with, and even when I'm not with you, I'm thinking about you. I love you all so very much. You are my world.
~My dogs - You are my sunshine, my joy, my comfort, and my buddies. What fun we have, how you've changed my life! ~My students - You are my inspiration, my challenge, and my writer's block cure. You teach me everyday how to be a better person. How to accept people's differences. Embrace them. You also remind me to be grateful for the simple things in life.

~My blogger buddies - You are my gurus, my cheerteam, my idea sources, and my friends. What fun it is to read your comments, check out your blogs, listen, learn, laugh, commiserate, and empathize with all of you. Every morning, I start my day reading every one's blog. Much more fun than the newspaper!

~My wealth- No, I'm not wealthy by Forbes standards. I don't live in a McMansion or drive an expensive car. Wealth as defined is an abundance of valuable resources or material possessions. I certainly have that. I need nothing. I saw a photo in the paper this week of people lined up at the local food bank. That photo alone made me grateful for my hot shower, flushing toilet, shelter, and plentiful food. It also encouraged me to send that check to the food bank, and look forward to buying gifts for a family in need this holiday season.

On this day, may we all be grateful for what we have, cherish precious memories of those we've lost, remember those who have less, and think of ways we can help those who need food, comfort, warmth and love.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

9 comments:

Sam said...

Days like Thanksgiving certainly do put everything in perspective. I'm sure I'll be back to whining about how this or that or the next thing by next week - just human nature, I suppose, but, for now, it really is nice to bask in the thought of all the things we're lucky to have in our lives.

I'm so happy to have met you through the blog - you are a good person!

LauraK said...

What a great post Sara! It's great having you as a blogger friend, you're always the first one there for encouragement, and I really appreciate it! It's nice having an agility support system, especially since they know what you're going through. I love reading your blog, it always inspires me to do more in the world and have fun with the amazing dogs that we all live with. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving :)

Lian said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

madcobug said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family plus Misty and Oreo. We all have a lot to be thankful for even if everyone has a hard time making a living. At least we are free at this time anyway. Great entry Sara. Helen

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Beautiful post Sara! You always know exactly what to say and how to say it! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! We're very thankful to have you as a blogging friend!

Chris and Ricky

Diana said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Cute picture. Diana

Kathy said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, what a terrific holiday post, and what a great way to start the day focusing on all we have to be thankful for.

Cool Design Shelties said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family who includes Oreo and Misty :o)

//Bente

Morgan in Pittsburgh said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too, Miss Sara.
Your pals Morgan and Maisie